Help me choosing the broad band connection

OP
rst

rst

Youngling
no. Just type 192.168.1.1 on your browser after connecting the lan cable

for instructions BSNL ADSL Technology Broadband Modem Configuration Manual | BSNL TeleServices

OK, it is not necessary to install modem DVD in computer

But Its DSL LED is continously blinking
Thats why it is not connecting to internet
Is there any way to stop its blinking

I have the following modem
*img96.imageshack.us/img96/8543/2tzu.jpg

OP
rst

rst

Youngling
had you configured your modem? which is your modem make?

No,I didnot configure modem because it is not connecting to internet
I connected the modem to pc myself (so I think there is no connection problem of modem to pc)

Its teracom type 2 modem wifi modem

Last edited:

josin

In the zone
BSNL Broadband modem Configuration(Teracom and Syrma Make Type2 Modems) - YouTube watch this

OP
rst

rst

Youngling
BSNL Broadband modem Configuration(Teracom and Syrma Make Type2 Modems) - YouTube watch this

I know "how to configure modem"
But my modem is not connecting to internet because its DSL LED is not stablized
So its not possible to configure modem as long as DSL LED is blinking

josin

In the zone
I know "how to configure modem"
But my modem is not connecting to internet because its DSL LED is not stablized
So its not possible to configure modem as long as DSL LED is blinking

No, its possible to configure the modem with out connecting the telephone cable to modem.just connect the lan cable and configure. Now call the BSNL local SDE and tell him that your link light is blinking and the link is not up. He can verify your connection status from exchange. If everything fails take your modem to your BSNL exchange and ask them to configure it for you or book a complaint and inform the sde/jte about the connection issue, they will come to your home .

Ricky

Cyborg Agent
Welcome to the world of BSNL.. most probably facing bad line issue, care to share your SNR and Attenuation levels from modem ?

OP
rst

rst

Youngling
No, its possible to configure the modem with out connecting the telephone cable to modem.just connect the lan cable and configure. Now call the BSNL local SDE and tell him that your link light is blinking and the link is not up. He can verify your connection status from exchange. If everything fails take your modem to your BSNL exchange and ask them to configure it for you or book a complaint and inform the sde/jte about the connection issue, they will come to your home .

You mean connect LAN of modem to CPU

But doesn't join anything to DSL of modem

Even then DSL LED is blinking
And system is not connecting to internet

rakesh_ic

Cyborg Agent
hmm.. looks like there is some issue with the config or may be the modem itself (i cant confirm it though).

You might have already tried, but I would say you try configuring the modem back again.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
you are using wrong username/password in pppoe/pppoa setting.it is not router setting username/password(admin/admin) but the username & password provided by bsnl(username will be something like xyztelephone no.).

josin

In the zone
you are using wrong username/password in pppoe/pppoa setting.it is not router setting username/password(admin/admin) but the username & password provided by bsnl(username will be something like xyztelephone no.).

Yup...+1 to that. it would be better if you take your modem to LOCAL BSNL exchange and ask them to configure it for you. They will configure and test it for you.Let me ask you one thing Did you received a user name and password from the BSNL guys? If not ask them to give it.

OP
rst

rst

Youngling
Yup...+1 to that. it would be better if you take your modem to LOCAL BSNL exchange and ask them to configure it for you. They will configure and test it for you.Let me ask you one thing Did you received a user name and password from the BSNL guys? If not ask them to give it.
No,they didn't give me user name and password

OP
rst

rst

Youngling
Today, lineman checked the line
But after his efforts, still DSL LED is blinking

Is there any possibility of stablizing DSL LED by using correct user name and password in configuration

rakesh_ic

Cyborg Agent
Today, lineman checked the line
But after his efforts, still DSL LED is blinking

Is there any possibility of stablizing DSL LED by using correct user name and password in configuration
Get the user name and password.. Without which there is no point in even trying.

OP
rst

rst

Youngling
They said "As you have new landline(22 july ) and broadband connection(23 july ),so the user name and password will be available tomorrow"
Hopefully I will get them tomorrow

rakesh_ic

Cyborg Agent
They said "As you have new landline(22 july ) and broadband connection(23 july ),so the user name and password will be available tomorrow"
Hopefully I will get them tomorrow

Then get it tommorrow and dont try anything for today.. Get the user name and password, use it in the modem settings and then try. Keep us posted after to try setting up your modem or get it configured by the bsnl itself. configuring mdem isnt much of a hassle though.

Top Bottom