Help me choose between these two cards

Outlander

Broken In
I've narrowed down to these two cards:

PowerColor AMD/ATI Radeon HD5570 1 GB DDR3 Graphics Card: Flipkart.com

OR

Sapphire AMD/ATI Radeon HD 6570 1 GB DDR3 Graphics Card: Flipkart.com

Which one should I go for?

I selected them because in this price range, they have 128 bit memory. I'd like suggestions for other cards from members.
Also, my motherboard is Intel DG102GGC2. Will these cards fit on it? The PSU is 450 watts.

Thanks.

ASHISH65

Technomancer
go for Sapphire AMD/ATI Radeon HD 6570 1 GB DDR3.it is far better than 5570.

if you can increase your bugdet get sapphire hd 6670 1gb at 4.5k

ramakanta

Ambassador of Buzz
go for Sapphire AMD/ATI Radeon HD 6570 1 GB DDR3.it is far better than 5570.

if you can increase your bugdet get sapphire hd 6670 1gb at 4.5k

yes Sapphire AMD/ATI Radeon is the best one but Outlander first you test your system these card before buy . sometime card are not supported some of system. ok .

OP
O

Outlander

Broken In
How do I test my system with these cards? This is why I asked whether the card will fit in my system or not. Thanks anyway.

OP
O

Outlander

Broken In
be more specific.

Also- if you can increase your budget to 5k - get a 6670 DDR5 - that ll be a significant upgrade.

I didn't know what you meant by being more specific, so I've written down everything I could find on the PSU. It's an Intex PSU. It says on the cover

Power Supply Smart IT 2045S+

450 watt 20+4Pin, 2SATA, 2 HDD, 1 FAN
AC INPUT 220V 50-60 Hz 5A
DC OUTPUT +3.3V:30A +5V:29A +12V:18Z
-12V:0.5A +5VSB:2A

I have two HDDs, one is a 80 GB one, the other is a 1 TB one. I noticed that now there is only one connecter from the PSU free, the other part of it goes into the HDD. Will I be able to add the graphics card or will I have to remove one of the HDDs?

Neo

The intex psu would do fine, but upgrade to a better psu as soon as you can .
Also both hd6570 and HD6670 do not require any external pcie power connector, they take the required from the motherboard itself. So need to remove any hdd or whatever.
And yea, try to take hd6670 gddr5 if you can, that would be a significant increase in performance.

OP
O

Outlander

Broken In
What happens if the PSU is not of the required wattage? Does the computer/GPU only not work or does it get damaged?

The intex PSU will just manage.. It is like playing your game on minimum requirements.. Get a better PSU when you can because Graphic cards tend to consume lot of power..

Neo

What happens if the PSU is not of the required wattage? Does the computer/GPU only not work or does it get damaged?

It'd not the wattage that matters. HD6670 would hardly consume even 200Watts. Its the quality of the psu that matters.
And yes, a bad psu can damage your system.

Top Bottom