Help me buy a new CPU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tommygecko

Broken In
HI

i reside in pune. i wanted to assemble a new computer. i went to baba electronics but he is only offering an AMD Athlon X2 4200+. where can i get a X2 4400+ or X2 4800+ in pune?

PS:is X2 4200+ okay?

Last edited:

shovik

Banned
Go for AMD Athlon FX-53 3200+, it would cost a bit more but you can be sure of the performance atleast two-three years.

Regards,
Shovik.

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
What exactly is a FX-53 3200+?
Anyways Athlon FX processors are a waste of money (except the dual core FX-60 and FX 62). If you are spending so much money make sure you get a dual core processor.

@Tommygecko: X2 4200+ is a great processor. It's much cheaper and only marginally slower than the X2 4800+.

janitha

Wise Old Owl
Tommygecko said:
HI

i reside in pune. i wanted to assemble a new computer. i went to baba electronics but he is only offering an AMD Athlon X2 4200+. where can i get a X2 4400+ or X2 4800+ in pune?

PS:is X2 4200+ okay?
There is likely to be drastic price cuts for X2 in about a month. Considering the time taken for the price reduction to reach India, if you can wait for about 2 months, you may get it for half the current price.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
Yeah the price is about to fall, espicially for high end models like X2s nd 3500+ nd higher. Better wait for a month or two. Also watch out for the new Intel procs. They are real monsters and are coming smashing all AMD procs. Get ur proc after the battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom