Help me build a new gaming system

Status
Not open for further replies.

blademast3r

In the zone
Hey guys i need to buy a new gaming system for around 25k..(I am returning my old system which will fetch me around 5-7 k so effective budget = 32k)
Here are the features im looking for

Good enuf graphics card to play crysis at high specs arn 1024x768 res
2+ gb ram
arnd 250gb storage
19inch lcd

Go...

Cilus

laborare est orare
At ur budget AMD is the best

Here goes ur config:

Athlon II X4 620 2.6GHz @ 5.1k (The most VFM Quad core)
MSI 785GM-E51 @ 4.6k (AM3, DDR3 board)
2 GB Transcend/Kingston DDR3 1333 MHz ram @ 2.5k
500 GB Seagate SATA @ 2.4k
PowerColor HD4850 1GB GDDR3 @ 7.2k
LG DVD Writer @ 1k
Zebronics Krish Cabinet @ 1k
Gigabyte 80 Plus Active PFC 460W @ 2.2k
BenQ G2020HD 20" LCD Monitor @ 6.5k
Keyboard and Mouse: Generic @ 0.8k

Total price is around 33k. Street price will be lower. This system is the most VFM system at your budget and it will fulfill ur wish.

OP
blademast3r

blademast3r

In the zone
Hey thanks for that jus checked this other thread and heres a list ive built pls lemme kno if its okay

Athlon II X2 240 2.8GHz
Biostar A785G
4GB DDR2 800MHz Transcend/Kingston
Zebronics Krish
Logitech Multimedia Keyboard/Mouse Combo
Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 500GB
BenQ G2020HD 20" LCD Monitor
Gigabyte 80 Plus Active PFC 460W
Sapphire HD5770 1GB GDDR5

I wanna go for hd5770 as it supports dx11
but i hav a question will the athlon be a bottleneck?

OP
blademast3r

blademast3r

In the zone
k heres a question
both come to the same price but which one better
1)quad core processor
2 gb ddr3 ram
hd 4850

2)dual core processor
4 gb ddr2 ram
hd 5750

which wud give me better performance and last longer.. will the dx11 in hd 5750 make a big diff?

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here
for how long are you going to keep this system... if you wont upgrade for 3-4 years then get the hd5750.... if you will upgrade in 1-2 years then you can go with the ati hd4000(dx10.1) series & get an athlon II X4

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
k heres a question
both come to the same price but which one better
1)quad core processor
2 gb ddr3 ram
hd 4850

2)dual core processor
4 gb ddr2 ram
hd 5750

which wud give me better performance and last longer.. will the dx11 in hd 5750 make a big diff?

the words in bold is better config...go for DDR3...DDR2 will fade away soon...
yes DX11 will make a difference in gaming...:))

Cilus

laborare est orare
so ur saying 2db of ddr3 is better than 4gb of ddr2? does it make a significant diff in gaming?

No he is not saying that. The performance difference will be negligible if you use DDR3 ram. The thing is DDR2 ram is getting phased out and sooner they will be very hard to be available and price will be increased, like what happened to DDR ram a few years back.

Now the price of DDR2 and DDR3 is same. So go for DDR3. It is future proof solution. At your budget, it is hard to get 4GB ram right now. Go for 2 GB and latter upgrade it to 4 GB

And Quad core is always better option than a dual core now a days. It will give u performance boost in almost every application. Now current games are not optimized for multi cores, but in very near future they will be.
So go for the quad core Athlon II 620 2.6 GHz.

Anubis

Courage to Know
Athlon II x4 620 is the way to go

If u don't upgrade for 3-4 years then ATI 5770 is way to go

But if u upgrade in 1-2 years ATI 4870 - 8.6k is better choice

ATI 5770 can't even beat ATI 4870 @ 8.6k

DX11 will take time to mature.

OP
blademast3r

blademast3r

In the zone
4870 is better than the 5770 at a lower price?? seriously?? im not planning to make any upgrades for bout 4 years, which means ill need support to play future dx11 games.. so 5750 sounds good?

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Blade:

Will give you two arguements, you can make a choice:

Scenario 1:
The 4870 is a better bet right now for you. It will thrash the games on your 20" (except Crysis). Getting a 5xxx series card as of now is pretty useless. They are way too over priced due to low supply and high demand. There are not even 5 Dx11 games out as of now. It will take a while for these games to come out. And even then, how can you be so sure, the next or subsequent Dx11 game which comes out -- will be of your liking --- unless you play 'every' game which is released. :) The 4870 packs more punch then the 5770. 1.5-2 years down the line, when ever thing settle down (Fermi, Dx11, 5xxx, Dx11 games) you can swap cards.

Scenario 2:
The HD5770 is a good in one scenario. And probably the best here. Xfire. If you Xfire this card, it kicks the living daylight out of almost every card on this planet. If in the future you really plan to go Xfire, then only buy this card now. You are making a good investment this ways. Once you have more money, you can install another card. And believe me, you will have a whoooping fast system -- with tons of thump..!

You want a system that you will not upgrade in 4 years. That is currently difficult to manage. You PSU is low. Just the bare minimal. Down the line (4 years), you will probably put in more stuff...it will strain. Motherboard, if plan to go dual GPU -- you have a single PCIEx16 slot.

OP
blademast3r

blademast3r

In the zone
no im not planning to go dual gpu or make any upgrades to my system.. this will be final or about 4 yrs.. howz the reliability of the components mentioned? esp the mobo and psu?

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
The reliability, is fine. If you will never change a part for the next four years....then HD5770. Sure, get it. What more can I say. Though let me tell you, 4+ years from now, your system will not be able to do much. Specially game. :)

Ideally one should always purchase stuff, to leave a wee-bit headway for upgrades. If you buy a locked down system, when you want to upgrade, you need to change the whole rig.

OP
blademast3r

blademast3r

In the zone
nope.. going for 5750...got the costs.. negitiationg the final and the cost of old system..5750 costs 9.1k inclusive vat

Anubis

Courage to Know
nope.. going for 5750...got the costs.. negitiationg the final and the cost of old system..5750 costs 9.1k inclusive vat

*img187.imageshack.us/img187/7044/dirt2update1920.png

So u still wanna go for ATI 5750 @ 9.1k or ATI 4870 1gb @ 9.35k huh ?

Mark my words u'll eat ur own words when u start playing in DX9 mode leave alone DX11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom