Help Me! Battery Backup issue on New S2

thydigit

Broken In
Hi,
My one week S2 - AT&T Skyrocket, is having poor battery life. With moderate use the phone's battery needs recharged everyday. Many mentioned that they have good battery backup on S2. I am attaching screen capture of the battery use. This is from 13th noon to today morning, as u see for two nights even the phone is idle it looses power steadily. I set the brightness to 30, auto sync OFF, little browsing with gprs and wifi, no a/v played, played a game for some minutes, moderate voice calls. After chargin the battery sterday, enabled autosync & auto brightness, the drop is fast. Please help me, any advice would be great. Thanks for reading!

*dl.dropbox.com/u/8521330/SC20120315-102557.png

p.s on 13th noon i charged the phone completely, once it showed 100% i switched off the phone and then charged till 100%.

OP
T

thydigit

Broken In
^ :-o :-o Unexpected :p. Any advice on rooting? i love the screen but battery worries me. I am working from home, so no problem for now, but days when going out scares me.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
1 day 19 hour is actually very impressive for a Android phone :p

For rooting and removing bloat, read these threads-

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/mobiles-tablets/151345-faq-rooting-custom-recovery-custom-rom.html

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/mobiles-tablets/153708-guide-faq-decrapify-your-android.html

Neo

Yeah, you should root your S2. then Calibrate your battery once, use Juice defender. Also keep your data off, Brightness as low as possible.
If you're ready, then go for a custom ROM.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
big screen & fast processors require a lot of juice.

@thydigit, charge battery till 100%. use it till battery drains out (4-5%) charge again till 100%. do this 2-3 times. battery life should improve still don't expect more than 2 days battery on these mobiles. 1 day with heavy use is impressive considering half of the mobile is full of bloatwares that run on the background all the time.

OP
T

thydigit

Broken In
1 day 19 hour is actually very impressive for a Android phone :p

For rooting and removing bloat, read these threads-

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/mobiles-tablets/151345-faq-rooting-custom-recovery-custom-rom.html

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/mobiles-tablets/153708-guide-faq-decrapify-your-android.html

:D i wish i have that backup, but if you notice the graph, i charged the once to 80% phone. Gonna check the links u gave, thanks!! :)

@Royal_tarun
Thanks, Yeah doing that. I kept the brightness to auto is that oky or manual setting is recommended?

@Sam
Thanks for tip. I am going to do as you said. As i mentioned if i get one day with heavy usage, i will be happy :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom