HELP ME!!!!! ADOBE PDF PRO SUBSCRIPTION AUTO RENEWAL!!!!

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
Friends, I had purchased ADOBE PDF Reader Pro subscription during the Trial Period and forgot to cancel my subscription after the period is over.
Now I had cancelled subscription/membership along with my ADOBE account also.

But for the past two months there was an auto deduction from my Bank account of monthly subscription fee.

How do I stop that?

Do I have to pay the subscription amount indefinitely???

PLEASE HELP ME FRIENDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How long of a sub did you subscribe to?

If you cancelled today, sub paid for won't be refunded & ideally future sub payments should not happen. Delete payment details from Adobe, try to contact RM of your bank if needed.

OP
kg11sgbg

kg11sgbg

How long of a sub did you subscribe to?

If you cancelled today, sub paid for won't be refunded & ideally future sub payments should not happen. Delete payment details from Adobe, try to contact RM of your bank if needed.
Cancelled 2 months back after July 2024 Bill was debited from my account.
Problem is my existing membership does not exist, I have to create a new one(new account).

Actually paid through Debit Card.
Talk to bank, if you are confident of never using the same Adobe account to subscribe to Adobe again, tell bank that you are being defrauded & ask to them to remove any standing instruction (not sure if that is created in such cases).

If your bank is SBI, might be easier to just cancel/close card & get a new card issued on grounds of stolen or misuse.

OP
kg11sgbg

kg11sgbg

Talk to bank, if you are confident of never using the same Adobe account to subscribe to Adobe again, tell bank that you are being defrauded & ask to them to remove any standing instruction (not sure if that is created in such cases).

If your bank is SBI, might be easier to just cancel/close card & get a new card issued on grounds of stolen or misuse.
Buddy already did that. Completed the process, just after the amount of subscription deduction/debit on September 2024 was performed in my Bank Account.

OP
kg11sgbg

kg11sgbg

In relevant news:
www.ftc.gov/news-events/news/press-releases/2024/06/ftc-takes-action-against-adobe-executives-hiding-fees-preventing-consumers-easily-cancelling
Thanks @SaiyanGoku , a very good information and eye opener for all of us.
Though I have cancelled/blocked my Debit Card(linked with ADOBE Subscription) of SBI( Personal A/c) ,will that be a cancellation of my Subscription or will they charge on indefinitely, per month???

OP
kg11sgbg

kg11sgbg

Another extreme solution will be:
Open a new bank account with a different Bank. Move all your money to it from the affected account.
Close the old account.
Thought of that,but a cumbersome one. Moreover some investment channels locked up with SBI.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
I think it would be easier to just talk to your bank and ask them to deny any payment SIs or mandates for Adobe. If they are auto-charging your debit card, perhaps disable international payments on your card or reduce the payment amount to a very small amount so that the payment gets rejected.

Alternately, freeze your card and request a re-issue from your bank.

patkim

Cyborg Agent
You have already been given lot of suggestions...one more thing I would like to add.

Now it's a lot easy to open a case under consumer protection, online on *edaakhil.nic.in/
It will also not cost much. Probably only 200 or 300 Rs for Notarized affidavit and some more minor expenses. This may be the only time you need a lawyer here!
Adobe as a legal entity exists in India so file a complaint against them on edaakhil. Find out Adobe's contact number and email id which are required to open a case online.
There are a few YT guides (they may not be 100% accurate but give you an idea)
The process is well documented on edaakhil.nic.in. You will have to spend some time studying the entire process and trying to make a foolproof case.

It will eventually follow just like any other court case but entire processing seems to be done online. There's no assurance that you will win but you have a chance of recovery if you win.

An year ago I had spent sometime to study it because an online Musical instrument shopping site sent me a faulty Audio Interface and were not ready to accept return even though I showed them all video evidences. The matter went back-n-fourth for two months but after I sent them a formal demand by register AD post, finally they accepted the return and refunded. Else I was almost prepared to take it to edaakhil!

OP
kg11sgbg

kg11sgbg

I think it would be easier to just talk to your bank and ask them to deny any payment SIs or mandates for Adobe. If they are auto-charging your debit card, perhaps disable international payments on your card or reduce the payment amount to a very small amount so that the payment gets rejected.

Alternately, freeze your card and request a re-issue from your bank.
Already deactivated/frozen the Debit card according to Bank's Policy. Before deactivating, I also disabled International and Domestic Payment Channel, POS, Online service...

Top Bottom