Help Installing XP SP2..

Status
Not open for further replies.

latino_ansari

Legendary Darknight
I have a compaq laptop woth following config....

Intel Dual Core 1.66ghz
intel mobile 965 with integrated graphics...
160gb SATA HDD
etc....

It came with vista... But i want to install XP SP2....
So when i try to install XP SP2 through bootable CD it displays that no HDD is present...
The same problem came when i tried to install XP SP2 in a desktop with Intel g965 chipset motherboard... But theres a setting in the BIOS which was needed to be changed to install XP SP2....
In the laptop there is no such setting... what should be done 2 install XPsp2 in the laptop...plz help.....

Note : - the BIOS setting in the intel g965 board was some thing related 2 HDD which i changed 2 IDE....

chesss

mera kutch nahi ho sakta
So when i try to install XP SP2 through bootable CD it displays that no HDD is present...
Please be clear here :).What is the exact message do you get? and when?
Are you able to boot from the xp cd?
btw u wil have driver problems if/when u have managed to install xp.

juggler

In the zone
you will to slipstream sata drivers into winxp sp2 cd

look here :
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=559

alanpaladka

Journeyman
I have a compaq laptop woth following config....

Intel Dual Core 1.66ghz
intel mobile 965 with integrated graphics...
160gb SATA HDD
etc....

It came with vista... But i want to install XP SP2....
The same problem came when i tried to install XP SP2 in a desktop with Intel g965 chipset motherboard... But theres a setting in the BIOS which was needed to be changed to install XP SP2....
In the laptop there is no such setting... what should be done 2 install XPsp2 in the laptop...plz help.....

Note : - the BIOS setting in the intel g965 board was some thing related 2 HDD which i changed 2 IDE....
I had same problem with my Desktop. Then I used nLite and integrated the SATA drivers. Its now working fine.

OP
latino_ansari

latino_ansari

Legendary Darknight
@chesss :
I am able to boot from the XPSP2 cd... but after liscence agreement it gives the message that no harddisk found.....

chesss

mera kutch nahi ho sakta
^well then I wld suggest trying what alanpadakla did.
Use nlite to integrate SATA(HDD) drivers.
First find the model number of ur harddisk from the device manager , and google and download xp drivers.
Then use nlite, which is very simple application.

prasad_den

Padawan
Two options:
1. Try to find the SATA driver for your HDD and slipstream it to your XP CD; or keep it handy in a floppy or CD and use it when the XP setup asks you if you want to install any 3rd party drivers.

2. Simple method: Go to your BIOS and disable SATA support; if this option is not there, then disable AHCI in your BIOS. You would lose the advantages of SATA by this method, but these adv are negligible and do NOT in any way decrease HDD speed, reliability or anything else. I'm currently using it this way only..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom