Help in upgrading an yr old PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

virilecliffhanger

I ain't afraid of nothin'
Here's my config.. an yr old

Intel core 2 duo E8400+ 3ghz
Asus P5N E sli (Don't know why I went for this sick little weasel when I've no idea of having two GFX Blame the salesman for that.. can't intall iATKOS now(macos))
2GIG 677 ram
zotac 8400gs 768MB
intex 4.1
view sonic 22' va2226w
Belkin router wifi
creative webcam
320 + 160 gb PATA + SATA seagate HDDs
ASUS DVDRAM; SONY CDRW (5yr old and still working like hell)
etc etc

Now can you guys please help me in upgrading this to a better and more faster one?
MOBO is a must .. the current one sucks...
may be the CPU also is outdated now? I'm half sure though.
?
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/images/statusicon/user_online.gif *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/images/buttons/report.gif *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/images/misc/progress.gif *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/images/buttons/edit.gif

hell_storm2006

Ambassador of Buzz
Mobo, Proccy, RAM and GPU can go! Get an AMD one! You wont be disappointed! By the way which PSU? Also mention your budget!

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
@lovelycliffhanger, your E8400 is very capable processor and is one of the best for gaming and easily would be in top 5 fastest processors for gaming. There is absolutely no reason to change processor/mobo now, given that Intel is moving to new socket in few months time.

Wait for another week.

dump zotac 8400gs 768MB

and get Sapphire Radeon HD5850.

Then early next year go for Core i5 or i7. :)

OP
virilecliffhanger

virilecliffhanger

^^^
I love ur pic than ur post .. :D kiddin

I took an oath to never go out of nvidia brand... some kinda attachment.
and I agree with you on proccy.. but MOBO sucks... one of my frends is coming from states this november and want to get a good MOBO for around 8k.

I want a Ext HDD 1TB or 1.5TB also.. with firewire.. around 5k? btr to get it frm abroad?

I hate nForce chipset .. not supported on mAC ... I want to get rid of it and go for some P55 or something.

I definetely don't prefer AMD. I had an AMD 2800+ 4 yrs back and I never want to go back to AMD... damn noise..get outta my head

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
^^hehe. thanks :)

P55 will not support core2duo as it comes with LGA1366 and core2duo needs LGA775. This is why I asked you to just wait for release of core i5 and core i3 and then do a full upgrade. Your current proccy and mobo have pretty good resale value.

OP
virilecliffhanger

virilecliffhanger

Okay, I'll wait up. But, you know, I won't sell off the current ones... you know, can use it as a back up PC ..

This time I'm not gonna go short on MoBo .. I regret for what I've done with ASUS p5n e sli... sucks big time...

Thanks for the info guys..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom