Help in selecting a Mobile Carrier in Gurgaon

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

brutality9k

Well, GX here....out of shadows, till i m banned

I am moving to gurgaon soon, & there I won't be able to use BSNL. 4 Carriers are there, IDEA, Hutch Airtel & i guess MTNL. Now I have to buy a new SIM there & my requirments are following. The one with lowest call rates is prefered obviously

1) Local call rates, well I will need to call to all the other carriers there, mostly hutch, so those "Idea to idea rates are cheap" plan do not apply

2) GPRS - A must, cos i don't have a computer there yet, Will be using for mails etc in my phone, so low GPRS rates are prefered

3) STD rates - I have heard hutch decreses the rate of STD calls, after using a Rs 60 tariff, what is it?

4) Good network obviously

Which brand do u gurgaon guys prefer the most. I have heard Idea is the cheapest, how is its service? Plz mention the rates of call of these providers, GPRS unlimited plan ( i heard this about airtel)

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
obviously that was me......that is my temp ID :D

ok, airtel is a considaration. what about call rates?

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
Hutch.. The two to talk voucher is good.. It costs Rs 60.. and after that call rates are as follows:

Hutch 2 Hutch: 49p/min
Hutch to other mobiles: 99p/min
Hutch to landlines: Rs2/min
STD to all mobiles: Rs1.32/min

GPRS has a monthly rent of Rs49, and after that 10p for every 10 kb downloaded.. Thats the GPRS rates with every operator in delhi. Dunno about MTNL, but im sure their GPRS sucks anyways (if they have it that is :p).

Crazy Kidd

In the zone
Airtel is the best. And Hutch is sold to Vodafone(again). So Hutch is a no no.

Last edited:

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
kalpik said:
Hutch 2 Hutch: 49p/min
Hutch to other mobiles: 99p/min
Hutch to landlines: Rs2/min
STD to all mobiles: Rs1.32/min

Well, Hutch's STD call to mobile phone rate looks cheap for me, cos i will only need local calls & STD to some mobile phones. Will hardly be calling to landlines

About GPRS, well....i m goin to take my computer with me soon, in 1 month, so need GPRS before that only.
GPRS has a monthly rent of Rs49, and after that 10p for every 10 kb downloaded..

Wait wait, Rs 49 each month:confused: + 10paisa/10KB, what the....here in BSNL I activated it & there is no rentel, just usage charges. Comon....waat lag jayegi tab to. Is there some GPRS service provider without rentel?

Crazy Kidd

In the zone
Well there is no provider who wont charge for GPRS. And among them I personally like and use Airtel.

Rs.249/month. No data transfer charge or limit. i.e you pay Rs.249 per month and surf as much you want.

But Hutch offers Rs. 49/month. But you have to pay for every bit of data transfer. 10 paisa/KB.

Cellone is not reliable.

And about call rates. There are offers or schemes in Airtel which reduces the call rate. Since I'm not from your locality I don't know about the normal rate plan.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Airtel for Rs 249 sounds good, if i plan to use my mobile phones internet in a computer, the speed will be max 6 KBps anyway, good enough for casual browsing or chating in PC

But since I won't be having much time to sit on PC, this plan is not for me. I will be using my phone for checking mails in the phone itself & for that....the hutch plan of Rs 49 & then 10paisa for 10kb sounds good for me. I will save Rs 200 as given in the airtel plan, & in Rs 200 I can download about 20 MB in a month, thats a lot for usage in mobile phone guys...

So far Hutch looks good for GPRS in phone :) , now how is Hutch's network in gurgaon? & do they support Closed user group like in Airtel?? i will make a user group then, might cost me less money to call in it to other hutch users. The lack of this feature will not be missed though.

There tariff plan of Rs 60, which reduces the cost of outgoing STD calls sounds good too....

So lets see, my expence in hutch in a month will be Rs 49 (GPRS) + Rs 60 (tariff) + <enter hutch recharge coupan cost here, with provided talktime plz>

Pathik

Google Bot
u can use nop if u plan to use ur gprs only on cell esp. SE cells....
its rs.2 per day in mumbai n 49/month in some other areas...

Pathik

Google Bot
yup unlimited internet but for use only on cell... it uses proxies too... but it wont make ny diff on ur SE cell..

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Crazy Kidd said:
Rs.249/month. No data transfer charge or limit. i.e you pay Rs.249 per month and surf as much you want

pathiks, if this is the rate, then like i said above, it's of no use for me. Can u plz confirm the rate? is it Rs 49/month & unlimited on mobile phone only.

Tech.Masti

Wise Old Owl
NOP is now Rs.49/m unlimited ???? wooooooo......in kolkata i heard sometimes back that its Rs.99/m unlimied.........

Pathik

Google Bot
in mumbai nop is rs2/day.. @gx the 249/mth is MO.. Dunno the rates of NOP there.. Maximum it mite be 99/month.. Not more than that

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
So far Hutch looks fine to me. They have (as said here) rs 49/- month rental for GPRS then 10 paisa per 10 KB. This plans suits me for mobile phone. Also the call rates are nice :)

Now here is the thing, just in....I will be connecting my K750i to the computer & use the GPRS to connect the computer to the internet. Obviously I require an unlimited connection in this case for the 1st month till internet is wired & installled there. Which among Hutch & Airtel supports this?

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
ok, then airtel it is...finally :)

Well there is no provider who wont charge for GPRS. And among them I personally like and use Airtel.

Rs.249/month. No data transfer charge or limit. i.e you pay Rs.249 per month and surf as much you want.

Good Rs 249 a month is something i can give...., once i get my Computer & proper internet I will switch to either "pay per KB" GPRS from airtel or Get Hutch, cos after i get net at home the Airtel Rs 249/- for unlimited GPRS plan is useless for me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom