Help In Gaming PC

SexyOrcus

Broken In
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: For the moment, mostly Gaming. Later on will use it for some heavy video editing and learning graphic designing softwares(In future).
Games like-> Crysis 3, Sleeping Dogs, Gta V, Witcher 3, Metro Series, Far Cry 4, Assassin creed series, ARMA III or Bf4, Dying Light etc. You get the image.
I need system that can max out most of these games at 1080p 60 fps or at least near it.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: 50,000 - 55,000 RS.

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: If required, Then yes but not by much.

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Win 7 64 bits.

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: 2 TB.

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: I already own Samsung S20A300. 20 Inch. Max res is 1600 x 900. I will swap it in future for a better one.

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: Speakers, Monitor, Mouse, Headphones, Keyboard, Cd writer/reader. That's all I guess.

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: Less than a week.

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: I haven't done it before but I am sure I can. Still, I will not take much risk and get a assembler.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: I live in Delhi and I plan on buying from Nehru place or online shops or even local shops depending where I get better deal.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: I don't really need a motherboard with fancy features. Just something to get the job done while being reliable. As for processors, I prefer Intel over Amd and for gpu, Nvidia over Amd. I plan on using this for next couple of years without upgrading.

Last edited:

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Budget - 55k

ProcessorIntel i5 444012,500
CPU CoolerCooler Master Hyper TX3 EVO
MotherboardGigabyte B85M-D3H
MemoryKingston HyperX Fury 8GB 1600MHz3,800
Graphics CardAsus Strix GTX960 2GB16,500
Power SupplyAntec VP500PC
CabinetCorsair SPEC-013,700
Internal StorageWD Caviar Blue 1TB HDD
SSD
Samsung 850 EVO 120GB
Total55,000

Last edited:

DK_WD

WD Official
5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: 2 TB.

Hi there,

Overall, I like the bssunil configuration. Just a suggestion, maybe you could add 2 sticks of 4GB RAM (DDR3-1866). If you run 2 RAM sticks, you will be running memory in dual channel which will be a greater increase in performance than running a single stick in single channel.

As for the storage part, I'd suggest you to go with the higher capacity SSD like 250GB. The SSD mostly used as the OS/boot drive or storage drive. It all depends on your budget. SSD is expensive, however, they are worth every penny. For HDD part, I would advise you go with the WD Black 2TB or WD Blue (1+1)TB drives for storage, that is if you don't have the budget problem.

Good Luck.

bikramjitkar

In the zone
Hi there,

Overall, I like the bssunil configuration. Just a suggestion, maybe you could add 2 sticks of 4GB RAM (DDR3-1866). If you run 2 RAM sticks, you will be running memory in dual channel which will be a greater increase in performance than running a single stick in single channel.

Dual channel memory makes hardly any difference in real world usage. It's better to buy a single high capacity DIMM as it's cheaper and leaves room for upgrades.

DK_WD

WD Official
Dual channel memory makes hardly any difference in real world usage. It's better to buy a single high capacity DIMM as it's cheaper and leaves room for upgrades.

Hi [MENTION=4168]bikramjitkar[/MENTION],

I agree with you. Basically, In real world terms you will get a 5-20% performance increase with dual channel when running benchmarks. You probably won't notice it in terms of speed though. So no need to worry too much regarding channels, but it's good to have the dual channel because it can do more and do it faster. The basically dual channel has two roads to move information compared to one road.

Hope it helps.

Mira

Right off the assembly line
Budget - 55k

ProcessorIntel i5 444012,500
CPU CoolerCooler Master Hyper TX3 EVO
MotherboardGigabyte B85M-D3H
MemoryKingston HyperX Fury 8GB 1600MHz3,800
Graphics CardAsus Strix GTX960 2GB16,500
Power SupplyAntec VP500PC
CabinetCorsair SPEC-013,700
Internal StorageWD Caviar Blue 1TB HDD