Help in Fedora

Status
Not open for further replies.

abhijangda

Padawan
hello friends, i have problem in Fedora 9. I installed but after installation is completed successfully, when i tried to mount partition in my user it doesn't get mounted. It first asked for authorization and after it nothing happens. But in root user it is mounting all my ntfs partition. When i restart computer and log in as root then it mounts partition, after it when i logon to my user then it mounts partition suucessfully. I have tried creating other account and even reinstalling fedora but it doen't work. Please tell me how can i mount partition from my own account.

silent008

Broken In
In terminal type su
>enter ur root passwd
>enter command mkdir /media/sda1(replace this with the u wld like for ur partition)
>enter command mount /dev/sda1 /media/sda1

This wld mount ur partition sda1 which mostly is the c drive
if u want to mount partitions at boot time edit the file /etc/rc.local

and add the mount commands at the end of the file one after the other

U will have to enter these commands for all the different partitions u want to mount
make sure u make directories for all the drive before u mount them or add the commands in rc.local

U can also add the entries in fstab but fedora's fstab seems to be messy for me atleast

If u get some kind of errors post them

Hitboxx

Juke Box Hero
Er what?! It automounts all my partitions here. And I recommend against manual mounting through rc.local. That is the job of fstab. You should make the entries there. Messy? Not at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom