Help in buying Monitor in Delhi@8k

apurvgupta1

Journeyman
Hi, i want LED monitor with full HD display 1080p, i have seen that Dell ST2220L is a good monitor according to many reviews. Is it the best choice or samsung is better? If samsung is better then what model should i buy which has all the features of Dell ST2220L.

I would also like to know how much i will get for selling my old 15" Samsung Samatron 55v CRT monitor . I live in delhi.

Thanks.

OP
apurvgupta1

apurvgupta1

Journeyman
Or should i take Samsung ? I have been told by many people that Samsung is much better than Dell, is it true?

prophet

Broken In
dude go for dell, i am personally using dell st2320l and touchwood its working excellent i use it for almost 20 hrs a day as its hdmi connection is hooked to my videocon d2h and the dvi one to my desktop so go for DELL

OP
apurvgupta1

apurvgupta1

Journeyman
Hey guys thank you for your replies but what about Samsung 21.5 inch LED - S22B370H Monitor? Going to the specifications the samsung one has W-LED Backlight which is better than the LED backlight which is there in the dell one. And response time of samsung one is 2ms while that of the dell one is 5 ms. I am confused. Which one should i go for?

CyberKID

In search for Tech Gyan!
You could also check these: AOC E2250SW, E2251Fwe or E2243Fw2k. The Samsung one you've described looks good going by the specs. The features are good for the price. BTW can you please tell me where are you getting the monitor from? Actually, I need one too in the same range and almost same requirements+HDMI(you haven't mentioned that), was about to post a thread, but stumbled on this one. And, I'm considering replacing my 7 year old 17" CRT. Guys please help us:-?

OP
apurvgupta1

apurvgupta1

Journeyman
Actually i am not really sure about AOC as have heard that it's not that great. I had earlier almost finalised the Dell ST2220L but when i saw that samsung S22B370H had less response time and W-LED screen i am considering it. I am planning to get the monitor from Nehru Place whichever shop seems reliable and gives good price.

CyberKID

In search for Tech Gyan!
No reservations as far as AOC is concerned. I have seen atleast 10s of them in my office, AFAIK, they are VFM, except, the positioning of the input ports are concerned. BTW the samsung one you've zeroed in is retailing 9.1K at flipkart, so, might be 200~250 bucks cheaper in the shops.

CyberKID

In search for Tech Gyan!
My vote goes to Samsung S22B370H here.

Yup, specs wise, Samsung S22B370H is good, but man! that's 9.1K on FK.
@apurvgupta1: that's the real problem. I've been searching over the internet. The problem is, the costtocost pricelist shows somewhat similar models, and I'm not sure whether these are the same or not. Moreover, I know that searching things that are Bang for the Buck is most of the times a tiresome exercise. BTW, I have no problem buying offline or online given that I stick to the budget. Anyways, the search continues........:lol:

..........search continues. During my search, stumbled upon this one (sadly not HDMI) BenQ LED Monitor G2222HDAL <8K. Looks good, right?

here it's cheaper than the above BenQ LED Monitor G2222HDAL

Last edited:

CyberKID

In search for Tech Gyan!
Hey Apurv, I'm really considering to go ahead with the AOC e2243Fw2k. 21.5", 1920x1080p, 2ms(GTG-Grey to Grey), 3yrs onsite warranty and price 8.2K in Nehru Place, and 8.5K at flipkart. That seems to be the best option.

OP
apurvgupta1

apurvgupta1

Journeyman
Hey Apurv, I'm really considering to go ahead with the AOC e2243Fw2k. 21.5", 1920x1080p, 2ms(GTG-Grey to Grey), 3yrs onsite warranty and price 8.2K in Nehru Place, and 8.5K at flipkart. That seems to be the best option.

It's contrast ratio is only 1000:1 while that of the Samsung S22B370H has 3000:1 , and going through google about W-LED and LED backlight screens, there seems to be no difference. So i am not really sure if the these two backlights are any different from each other.

CyberKID

In search for Tech Gyan!
Contrast Ratio? As per Wikipedia:
There is no official, standardized way to measure contrast ratio for a system or its parts, nor is there a standard for defining "Contrast Ratio" that is accepted by any standards organization so ratings provided by different manufacturers of display devices are not necessarily comparable to each other due to differences in method of measurement, operation, and unstated variables.[1] Manufacturers have traditionally favored measurement methods that isolate the device from the system, whereas other designers have more often taken the effect of the room into account. An ideal room would absorb all the light reflecting from a projection screen or emitted by a CRT, and the only light seen in the room would come from the display device. With such a room, the contrast ratio of the image would be the same as the contrast ratio of the device. Real rooms reflect some of the light back to the displayed image, lowering the contrast ratio seen in the image.
Moving from a system that displays a static motionless image to a system that displays a dynamic, changing picture slightly complicates the definition of the contrast ratio, because of the need to take into account the extra temporal dimension to the measuring process. Thus the ratio of the luminosity of the brightest and the darkest color the system is capable of producing simultaneously at any instant of time is called static contrast ratio, while the ratio of the luminosity of the brightest and the darkest color the system is capable of producing over time is called dynamic contrast ratio.

OP
apurvgupta1

apurvgupta1

Journeyman
So the contrast ratio point is not that important, now i am really confused between samsung vs dell vs AOC. Point is i have not seen AOC screens at any of my realtives or anyone i know and do not know how their after sales service and build quality are.

And what about IPS panels? They seem to be better than TN panels.

CyberKID

In search for Tech Gyan!
may be for someone else, but not that much for me. I'm just a normal user with no DAD's ATM to get the easy cash from. Yes, IPS(In Panel Switching) panels seems to be something better than the traditional TN(Twisted Nematic) panels, but at the extra cost. The other day I was reading the wikipedia article on LCD, I couldn't figure out that clearly as to what are the advantages of IPS over TN panels, except faster display response and somewhat better colour reproduction, and both the things are not that much relevant to me as I believe that normal monitors are sufficient for usage like mine. I'm not a professional into graphics, my videos/games might run at a good speed and with good colour reproduction quality. That's what I want.

MohsinMan99

RPG Overlord
Personally, I'd say the Dell one looks better. In fact, going by its specs, it consumes even lesser power than the Samsung (operational), heavier and also has a Kensington lock slot (which I doubt would find much use).

I'd recommend the Samsung one though. Fantastic response times. Rest of the stuff is common for both.

Also, if you don't have any particular brand preference, I'd recommend this over them both:
AOC 21.5 inch LED - E2243FW2K Monitor
2ms response time, 20W operational, 2HDMI ports, 1920x1080 res, lighter than them both, etc. Oh, its around 8.5K too.

Last edited:

CyberKID

In search for Tech Gyan!
Best of luck for your purchase. Hope you find it worth so much research.
I've almost finalized the AOC 2243Fw2k, but my brother is insisting on the AOC v2440VH.
Planning to go to nehru place tomorrow, will compare the things on the spot (probably based on the costs), and will pick up one of those.

Top Bottom