Help in buying Monitor in Delhi@8k

CyberKID

In search for Tech Gyan!
Finally the search ended @ AOC e2243Fw2 from Cost to Cost, Nehru Place @ 8610. *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/show-off/45694-post-your-latest-purchase-522.html#post1711709

Last edited:
OP
apurvgupta1

apurvgupta1

Journeyman
That's great, congrats :D and did you search for the best price in nehru place or just preferred cost to cost? And did you sell your old CRT monitor and if you did how much did it go for? I also want to sell of my old CRT actually.

CyberKID

In search for Tech Gyan!
No, didn't go in to search too much for the best price. Inquired with computer empire too, but, sadly, they didn't have any of the two AOC models. Actually these are the only two stores I purchase all my computer components from. As far as my CRT is concerned, I haven't sold it yet, just got the new monitor yesterday, so selling it will take time. I'm expecting somewhere between 1-1.5K for my 17" CRT.

Last edited:

MohsinMan99

RPG Overlord
I didn't find the Benq or the AOC. :(

I got the Dell ST2220L for about 8.3K though and it was a superb purchase. *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_biggrin.gif

CyberKID

In search for Tech Gyan!
^ didn't really got the time to work with it. Though, till now, it seems good in working. Haven't had any problems with it till now. The colours are vibrant, the display is quite decent, and the best part - Absolutely good viewing angle. I've tried looking at it from almost 180 degrees (till I could see the screen), from the top and both sides, and can say for sure that the viewing angle is absolutely good. There is no viewing angle dependent colour inversion/display fading as I've seen in many LCD monitors and in my laptop's lcd too. Though, a little disappointment, as I can't stream full hd movies via my laptop's HDMI port as my laptop's maximum supported resolution is 1366x768.
Yes, I'm verry happy with it till now.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Though, a little disappointment, as I can't stream full hd movies via my laptop's HDMI port as my laptop's maximum supported resolution is 1366x768.

@cyberkid,i guess you forgot to research display settings in the excitement of getting new monitor :) when you connect external display to laptop you have 3 options:duplicate,extend,external display only.using 1st two options will result in max resolution of laptop screen while the 3rd option will result in max resolution supported by external display & obviously in this mode your laptop screen will be off.

CyberKID

In search for Tech Gyan!
^ may be... my bad :p. Had the opportunity to use it only once with the laptop. Haven't really got time to fiddle around with any settings.

Thanks for reminding me to fiddle around with the settings.:-D

OP
apurvgupta1

apurvgupta1

Journeyman
^ may be... my bad :p. Had the opportunity to use it only once with the laptop. Haven't really got time to fiddle around with any settings.

Thanks for reminding me to fiddle around with the settings.:-D

And did you get HDMI cable separately at what cost or it came in the box?

CyberKID

In search for Tech Gyan!
The HDMI as well as the VGA cable came along the monitor. A separate HDMI cable will cost ~Rs.300.

CyberKID

In search for Tech Gyan!
Colour comparision - my Dell Inspiron N4010 vs my AOC 2243Fw2k. Note that no colour calibration of the monitor has been done.

*i.imgur.com/dGL9gl.jpg

Sam22

TV Expert
Dell is the most preferred brand when it comes on getting something related to IT world.
though samsung is a good brand as well but somewhere it is ranked a bit low when it is compared to Dell

OP
apurvgupta1

apurvgupta1

Journeyman
Finally got the Samsung S22B370H monitor @8.5k from Nehru Place, awesome monitor, fabulous output with HDMI!! Thank you everyone for the help. :D

Top Bottom