Help in buying air conditioner

srjsrajan

Broken In
I changed my room and i wanna buy a new ac for my new room , my room is about 210 sq foot , i wanna know if 1 ton ac would be sufficient for my room or not? (I want window ac for this room)
I wanna buy one more ac for another room which is about 180 sq foot . (I want split ac for this room)

Also tell me which brand is best in ac and tell me some good ac's of 5 star rating as per my requirements . Thank you
P.s - please tell me asap as i wanna buy an ac urgently (its very hot in here)

$hadow

Geek in making
You haven't specified your budget.
So I suggest you two brands which are Sharp and O'General.
Both got great performance. But I don't think 1 ton will be enough. Try asking @theIncinerator

ithehappy

Human Spambot
@ OP : There are some online websites which suggest you how much ton you need according to your room size. When I wanted one for my room, which is 170 sq ft, all the local stores told me to get 1.5 T minimum, but that site suggested 1.2 T should suffice. So I went for it.

There are some very good brands available. My preferred choices would be, Daikin, Blue Star, Sharp, Hitachi, in that order. O'General is a good brand too, but I have no idea about their ASS. Mine is Hitachi, but it had some gas leak problem after four years, which I didn't like.

Also get 5 star if you have plan to use it for more than 6 hours per day. Otherwise 4 star will be okay.

Best of luck.

kARTechnology

Sony " VA" "IO"
@ OP : There are some online websites which suggest you how much ton you need according to your room size. When I wanted one for my room, which is 170 sq ft, all the local stores told me to get 1.5 T minimum, but that site suggested 1.2 T should suffice. So I went for it.

There are some very good brands available. My preferred choices would be, Daikin, Blue Star, Sharp, Hitachi, in that order. O'General is a good brand too, but I have no idea about their ASS. Mine is Hitachi, but it had some gas leak problem after four years, which I didn't like.

Also get 5 star if you have plan to use it for more than 6 hours per day. Otherwise 4 star will be okay.

Best of luck.

My o General never needed any A.S.S.(8years split)
Installation done correctly in 1st trial= no service issues

And I lost my warranty cards too :(

Instead of star rating go for INVERTER
One thing what I observed is the plastic type used be general, it ALWAYS stays white color.. Some ac's become yellowish and ugly After 6months

OP
S

srjsrajan

Broken In

Best of luck.

Which site?

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
170 sqft is best served by a 1.5 ton ac if you have a roof on the top and if one of the walls is on west and the glass area considered. You have skipped the room details. Where are you located? The City?

OP
S

srjsrajan

Broken In
I am in panna , madhya pradesh. I am buying 1.5 ton 3 star ac now under 3 days but i am confused , i have 2 choices onida and voltas (split ) can anyone tell me which is better split or window?
Split is for 31k and window is for 27k . (Money is not the problem )

OP
S

srjsrajan

Broken In
Also tell me which stabilizer will be good for it?
And the shopkeeper told me that there is no such difference between 5 star and 3 star , there is only a difference of about 150-200 watt. I just wanna know that how much money will a 3 atar cost as compared to 5 star.
Thank u

OP
S

srjsrajan

Broken In
Actually the shopkeeper said that he dont have the voltas's ac right now and i will have to wait for some days for it but he have onida's ac in stock. He is a friend of my uncle so i will get it for good money , price for onida and voltas is the same 31k for one split .

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
Previously onida used to use Hitachi compressors but off late they are getting the units from China and rebranding them,even Voltas does that,but Voltas is a dedicated airconditioning company who knows what they are doing , so I will trust Voltas out of the two

OP
S

srjsrajan

Broken In
Previously onida used to use Hitachi compressors but off late they are getting the units from China and rebranding them,even Voltas does that,but Voltas is a dedicated airconditioning company who knows what they are doing , so I will trust Voltas out of the two

Thanx alot brother :)
Now i am buying LG ac tommorow. Cant wait for 1 week . Lg's is a little expensive than voltas and onida, 34k .

adirenu

Right off the assembly line
i lived in durg,chhattisgarh which is in mp
i too have 170sqft ground floor,there is room above also
max temp is arround 45-46
how much ton should i get,,plz answer..

avichandana20000

Cyborg Agent
how is the after sales service of MITSUBISHI in kolkata?

are the spare parts easily available if something happens to it?

does it incur very costly spares and service like daikin?

Is it aluminum or copper pipe they are using?

Top Bottom