Help in buying a LCD monitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent
NO they don't have the branch but can ship to Kolkata against payment, they have a liberal "return policy" thats why I took the monitor for demo paid by check & had the option to return within 5 days.........................but I am glad to say I am not returning thsi prized monitor.

Talk to Mr. juneja on his mobile for more clarification, if I could be of any help then I am willing to do so..............if u plan to buy this I can test the monitor for u before they ship it to u.

OP
john_the_ultimate

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
@ranjan
Thanks........will inform you if I need some help. Me also looking for other options at my place, if I don't get the required stuff here then will contact Mr. Juneja. BTW how does this product compares to say viewsonic vx2025wm or dell 2007wfp?

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent
john_the_ultimate said:
BTW how does this product compares to say viewsonic vx2025wm or dell 2007wfp?
Thats the whole problem, no one want to give a demo of them , the dealers just want u to buy it , give ur money to them if any problem then call the service center.

The guy who let me do the Viewsonic demo only had 19 inch 1912BW models, other 2 guys only said they have it but never showed it to me & said no demo.....................................I said Ok tata bye bye!!!!!!

Viewsonic vx2025wm should be a gud monitor but who know till I see & demo it. Its an old saying "1 goose in hand is better than 2 in the bush" at least u have that one in hand :D

I had called dell too & they have a return policy of 20 days from the date of shipping, they too don't have any demo center, but that monitor is costly when billed, I got the performa invoice of Rs 26900 plus 4% VAT Rs 1076 tax so the total cost coming to Rs 28000/- quite expensive then Lenovo, but its an S-IPS panel where as Lenovo we don't know about it though its at par with professional models as I mentioned earlier in my post.

Lenovo on the other hand has built in audio & powered USB hub (5 ports) not sure about the dell.

Last edited:

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent
Reading more on the web I learnt the following.

Faster ms time is only possible in TN panels.
TN panels do not have wide viewing angels, that can easily be noticed by moving up & down 6 inches

All color accurate LCD meant for high end graphic still have 16ms response time as they are not TN panels but S-PVA / MVA or S-IPS panels.........................hey but now I watch fast moving action film on my Lenovo 20" & you dont notice the lag, its only when you sit close & play a game then u will notice it.

Ch@0s

In the zone
ranjan2001 said:
Lenovo on the other hand has built in audio & powered USB hub (5 ports) not sure about the dell.

the dell has 4 USB ports too and Composite/S-Video inputs in addition to DVI-D and D-Sub. For Cellshocks, look at memory-configurator.

..:: Free Radical ::..

The Transcendental
Hats off to all you guys.
Thanx for making this forum gr8.
Maybe we should team up someday and buy our hardware together, if opportunity permits. Maybe we can force these hardware vendors to acquiesce. Godspeed. :D

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
Check this CNet list out first.

Go for a 8ms Samsung/Dell/Sony monitor in that order of preference.

premsharma

In the zone
HEMANTRATURI said:
if u wanna best lcd, go 4 viewsonic(expert views)

I second your opinion. Viewsonic graphic & game series are the ones to look for. VG 1921 & VG 1930 in 19" wide. Reasonable price with built in audio and 5 MS [GTG] response time.

When we say best, there are 2 ctagories.

1. Best if performance & features, cost no factor.
2. Near to best in performance & features but at very competitive prices.

janitha

Wise Old Owl
It is interesting to see that Dell monitors use Samsung and LG-Philips panels.

Dell 1905FP - 19" Samsung PVA (LTM190E4-L02) or AU Optronics P-MVA (M190EN03 V0)
Dell 1907FP - 19" TN Film
Dell 2001FP - 20" LG.Philips S-IPS (LM201U04)
Dell 2005FPW - 20" WS LG.Philips S-IPS (LM201W01)
Dell 2007WFP - 20" WS LG.Philips S-IPS (LM201W01)
Dell 2007FP - 20" LG.Philips S-IPS (LM201U04)
Dell 2405FPW - 24" WS Samsung PVA (LTM240M1-L01)
Dell 2407WFP - 24" WS Samsung S-PVA (LM201W01)
Dell 3007WFP - 30" WS LG.Philips S-IPS (LM300W01)
Link
*www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1039222

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom