Help in buying 40-42 LCD TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Varunnagwekar

Semi-Geek
Hello guys, I'm interested in buying an LCD TV between 40-47 inches (Full HD) with a budget of between 60k to 80k. I've looked around quite a few sites, but I'm very much confused. Could you suggest me some LCDs which would come in this range or better yet, some sites that offer comparisons with with other LCD's in the market? (Comparisons like the ones that Digit provides in their mags for other products). Did Digit at any time provide LCD tv comparisons in their articles? I've missed quite a few issues over the past few months.

Thank you.

surinder

Tech addict
LG Scarlet 2.0 42LH70YR @ 70K best 42" LCD TV according to me.

Here are some striking features in LG Scarlet 2.0 42LH70YR :-

IPS Panel
100 Hz LCD TV
Full HD 1080p (as usual)
1,00,000:1 Dynamic Contrast Ratio
Bluetooth & USB 2.0 connectivity
2.4 ms fast Response Time
3 HDMI Version 1.3

OP
V

Varunnagwekar

Semi-Geek
Thanks for the reply. I have checked out the Scarlet and it is indeed very good.
a-But do you know where I could compare it efficiently with other LCD TVs in the market?
b-And I think its 80k (according to *tinyurl.com/nqyatj).
c-Also, I don't think this model has a gaming mode. Does it really make a difference while playing PS2 games on it? Will the lag be visible or something?
d-And also, will the games look real bad on such a large screen?

Thanks

surinder

Tech addict
(a) Don't know any site but I compared my self with few other good models side by side found LG Scarlet 2.0 42LH70YR best among all under 80K mark.
(b) 80K is its MRP you can get it easily in 70K.
(c) Don't worry about pre sets it holds great potential for gaming.
(d) Not at all just keep correct distance between LCD and your eyes remember larger the screen greater the distance should be because of bigger pixel size and for the sake of your eyesight as well.

OP
V

Varunnagwekar

Semi-Geek
This tv also has a feature wherein you can connect it to a computer, does that mean you can use it as a normal monitor too?
Also, assuming you have digital cable, is the clarity really good?
And also, how much did you get for your old tv?

I'm sorry if I'm really harassing you with all these questions. I really want to make an informed decision and not waste my money. Thanks.

surinder

Tech addict
Although yes you can but my personal advise for you don't use it for any application which requirs a lot of reading like surfing or documentation etc for the sake of your precious eyesight just plug in with your PC when you want to play games or watch any kind of video that too from a five feet distance at least. Otherwise you will end up looking one corner to another by moving your head or eyeballs at least.

No clarity issues what so ever.

No I haven't sold my existing TV and that fact makes no impact either way on purchasing decision of a LCD TV by anybody I guess.:grin::grin:

surinder

Tech addict
i suggest u don't go for LG Scarlet, choose between Sony And Samsung
And how do you reach to that conclusion considering only by their own brand image isn't it ?

My suggsion to you please check that particular model from LG and then compare it with any 40"/42" model from Sony,Samsung,Philips,Panasonic etc...

surinder

Tech addict
Because LG Scarlet 2.0 series is the most feature rich series. Jazz series only features fancy sliding speakers which is not included in Scarlet 2.0 series and misses on most of performance features which is included in the LG Scarlet 2.0 series like
IPS Panel
100 Hz LCD TV
1,00,000:1 Dynamic Contrast Ratio
Bluetooth & USB 2.0 connectivity
2.4 ms fast Response Time

And sound on LG Scarlet 2.0 series is not far behind and these features suits most Varunnagwekar's requirements I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom