Help I wanna transfer my OS

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hav an genuine Windows Xp Professional CD which i hav installed in my comp
as it is growing old i wanted to buy a new pc
my friend said that softwares like Detto Intellimover, Laplink PCMover and Desktop DNA migrator r good softwares to trnsfer my data
but can softwares like these transfer my OS to my new computer but still keepin it Genuinely Genuine not using craks

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
shadow slayer 2007 said:
my friend said that softwares like Detto Intellimover, Laplink PCMover and Desktop DNA migrator r good softwares to trnsfer my data
but can softwares like these transfer my OS to my new computer but still keepin it Genuinely Genuine not using craks

if u have the cd..reinstall the os and then transfer the data to new HDD..simple

OP
shadow slayer 2007

shadow slayer 2007

Journeyman
but if i use the same password and if i try downloading updates from microsoft wont they identify that i hav used a activation key thats already been used once
wont that make my new pc not genuine os

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
shadow slayer 2007 said:
but if i use the same password and if i try downloading updates from microsoft wont they identify that i hav used a activation key thats already been used once
wont that make my new pc not genuine os

No its nothing like that...so u mean once we buy we cannot install OS twice..:D...

Go ahead and install ur os agian and tarnfer other data files...do not worry

kumarmohit

Technomancer
There must be a gap of 180 days for the same key to activate WIndows on another PC else u will have to do a call to M$ to activate. So if ur first installation is more tha six months old you can activate, provided u destroy the first copy after u transfer ur files and settings.

OP
shadow slayer 2007

shadow slayer 2007

Journeyman
@wizrulz
no i know that v can install it twice but if my is not genuine on the 2nd pc wont a message com evry time i open my pc?

@kumarmohit
I dont remember wen i installed my OS. How will i find it?Wer shud i looks?
So u mean 2 tell me that i can install with cd on more than 2 comp after 6 mnths each by destroyin the previous copy?

shadow slayer 2007 said:

whats that..?

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
hey...u reinstall ur xp on ur new PC..u will not loose ur genuinity of XP.
thing is that ..u sud nt use same key on two PC....once the microsoft will find out that u r using same key on two different PC..than u will loose ur genuinity.

ravi_9793 said:
hey...u reinstall ur xp on ur new PC..u will not loose ur genuinity of XP.
thing is that ..u sud nt use same key on two PC....once the microsoft will find out that u r using same key on two different PC..than u will loose ur genuinity.

what.........he will lose his genuinity...................

i am so sorry for that guy.........he's not a genuine human now.

kumarmohit

Technomancer
shadow slayer 2007 said:
@wizrulz
no i know that v can install it twice but if my is not genuine on the 2nd pc wont a message com evry time i open my pc?

@kumarmohit
I dont remember wen i installed my OS. How will i find it?Wer shud i looks?
So u mean 2 tell me that i can install with cd on more than 2 comp after 6 mnths each by destroyin the previous copy?

1) For checking date when Windows was installed u can use PCWizard 2006 (Google it)

2) I mean that you can SHIFT your copy to another computer because that much difference is allowed in activations. In no case will u be allowed to install 2 copies. You are allowed only time enuf for transfer and thats a common courtesy not a matter of right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom