Help ! I wanna setup a gaming center

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandeeprao

Broken In
hey guys...i think ur forgeting something
in most game cafe u see guys playing only UT2004 warcraft3,conter strike(1.6 or condition zero) And others like nfs u2 etc.there is no need to upgrade the comps after a year or so cause ppl r gonna continue playing these games and in case u get a profit of abt 60k like fresh season:) said then u can upgrade once in 2 yrs:) think about it mate!!!

p.s:there a lan center here in chennai called zap.that guy mints money like hell!!!
he's got about 3 centres with abt 30 comps each and 2 ps2 and 2 xboxs so u could do the same!!

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
sandeeprao said:
hey guys...i think ur forgeting something
in most game cafe u see guys playing only UT2004 warcraft3,conter strike(1.6 or condition zero) And others like nfs u2 etc.there is no need to upgrade the comps after a year or so cause ppl r gonna continue playing these games and in case u get a profit of abt 60k like fresh season:) said then u can upgrade once in 2 yrs:) think about it mate!!!

p.s:there a lan center here in chennai called zap.that guy mints money like hell!!!
he's got about 3 centres with abt 30 comps each and 2 ps2 and 2 xboxs so u could do the same!!

Hmm....lets see out here....u say that there will be ppl playing the same games throughout the year and u can get a profit of 60k.....dun suppose so mate....cause with games like Doom 3 and HL2 makin a late entry and a good impact on multiplayer action it will be demanding more high end rigs which will have the Pc to be upadted within a very short period of purachse.....plus the Pc maintainance would be more than The Ps2 :lol: and selecting each and every part of the rig would be even more tiring and if u miss out something in the end then ur screwed :( Ps2 on the other hand has no such hassles just a TV,Ps2 console,Extra contollers,Game DVD's,Mem Cards (if reqd),Or some other stuff for add-on and thats it :D

Btw the 60k profit that freshseasons made was on his Ps2 gamin business and not Pc gamin :wink:

bharathbala2003

why need title?
sandeeprao said:

i know bout ZAP but rem u need LUCK also and moreover u need to select the proper places to start it.. and i too feel after freshseasons reasoning out.. PS2 is better.. :D

OP
L

lavanian

Broken In
sandeeprao said:
there is no need to upgrade the comps after a year or so cause ppl r gonna continue playing these games and in case u get a profit of abt 60k like fresh season:) said then u can upgrade once in 2 yrs:) think about it mate!!!

Too much input....Ummmmm :roll: Thinking...:roll: Thinking... :roll: Thinking :roll: ARRRG :x :evil: I;m growing crazy THINKING.... :shock:

bharathbala2003

why need title?
lavanian said:
Too much input....Ummmmm :roll: Thinking...:roll: Thinking... :roll: Thinking :roll: ARRRG :x :evil: I;m growing crazy THINKING.... :shock:

wel wel.. lissin m8.. wats ur total cost estimate?? how much u plannin to invest??

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
then that would definetly mean the specs provided before in ur post......reducing the drives and soundcard and the 120Gb storage.....it will leave ya with a good processor and a Gfx card....which has also been suggested in the post....just inquire abt their prices from ur dealers and then post them here 8)

sandeeprao

Broken In
u guys r right a PS2 is better than a comp....
hey lavanian what u can do is start off a gaming centre with a couple of PS2's and if business is good then u can think buy a couple of GOOD pc's and start a lan gaming centre also...

bharathbala2003

why need title?
sandeeprao said:
u guys r right a PS2 is better than a comp....
hey lavanian what u can do is start off a gaming centre with a couple of PS2's and if business is good then u can think buy a couple of GOOD pc's and start a lan gaming centre also...

nice idea m8..but its upto him to decide.. :D

OP
L

lavanian

Broken In
great ideas....guys.... however i'm going to wait.... I believe that prices are going to drop after the budget on the 28th of Feb..... :D
I'll keep you all posted of the progress and do join in on the Opening date....if u r in Hyderabad.....

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
ya i think thats a wise decission....after the budget is out just hope that the import duty taxing structure would be reduced....then the Pc's peripherials would definetly be somewhat cheaper to purachse....but cant say the same for the PS2 though....probably its prices wont be affected that much.....lets hope for the best mate....good luck :wink:

idisappear

Broken In
Hi!!!Everybody there...

I & one of my friend is instrested in opening a Gaming parlour in mumbai & we r looking for Playstation based setup.

The thing is i donot know were are this Playstation based gaming parlour in mumbai other than the one at Lokhandwala, which i found to be very small & congested...If any of u knows any other playstation based gaming parlour in mumbai.....plz. provide me with some Landmarks...

also i wud loke to know is, playstation games r really rocking in mumbai?? or its just a hype thats created or its just me who feels it???

other thing i wanna ask is
=>>which PS2 is better the old one or the new, the slimmer version??
=>>where can i buy original PS2 cds in mumbai (with discount if possible).
=>>wat else other than the Consoles will be fruitful (like the latest gaming news...., may be game trailers...)??

@lavanian

Hey man wat about the post budget session.....& about the progress???

bharathbala2003

why need title?
ahh some one comes up and finnally searches b4 posting!! :D well @idiss.. PS2 does rock.. and as for the slimmer i dunno wat ya talkin bout.. r u talkin bout PSP?? or PS2?? if am rong plz correct me.. am not familiar with mumbai.. if u r goin in for PS2 get min bout 4-5 consoles.. as u wld have already read in this thread.. u shld contact freshseasons for detailed info..

@lavanian.. do tell us wat happ 2 ur plan.. did budget have any adv for u?

idisappear

Broken In
@bharathbala2003

thanks man for that comment, :D

i was talking about the PS2 Slimmer version which has a Network connection on it. The old PS2 is quiet big then the new 1 & is quiet heavy & doestnot have that network port on it i guess...

we r trying to put atleast 6 of them...but my visit to Lokhandwala PS based parolur has totaly killed my spirit of putting such no. of consoles...but still waiting for some visits to other PS based parlours in mumbai....untill the guys here give me some addresses to visit....

& yes i have PM freshseasons for this....& hopefully he should reply...

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
Sorry for the late reply but i was out station. Ok without wasting your

time i will go to the points.
1) No there is no known way to keep track on the hours played . So you do need a trusty companion out there.
2) Presently i have 9 PS2 and 4 Xbox and i charge 20Rs per hour .
3) Ofcourse i can share the interior design but right now i'm in pune so

the day i leave for Nagpur i will send you the pictures. Anyway a hint. I

run a construction company too and interior was no problem. Other thing

if you are interested ..i have made setup like these for people on orders

too as they were really impressed by my setup. And yes since its my love

i charge very less..lesser then what one can procure locally. And do

remember to air condition the parlour too,
4) Most loved games is WWF kind of games like Smackdown , Here comes the

pain etc, followed by GTA 2 series , then soccer and racing ones like

NFS2
5)I keep latest game hmm say all the games from Indore and delhi .
6) But one thing i had say is please find a local conroller repairer too. Since i own a computer shop and few engineers who repair computer monitors i get my cotroller repaired from them too .
7) Expect daily 5 controllers go bakpunkt . Its the idea of mixing originals with the duplicate ones .
8) Then i organise monthly competitions . If you are futher interested may i invite you to visit nagpur . It will be worth it i promise.
My cell : 9890977472 , 9225227472
9) And if you are more apprenhensive to open it or go with it i am also interested in partnership with equal investment if you wish. Got a flat at worli in Mumbai so connected to mumbai that way .
And any confusion regarding new and old PS2 i had prefer the old. Reason
Anyway please call for futher enquiries...will be happy to help you.
Thanks
Vipin

Sourabh

Laptoping
@freshseasons remove ur contact info from the post

especially ur mobile number, u can send such info thru PM's

Status
Not open for further replies.