HELP!!!! How to connect printer with laptop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

harpoon

Journeyman
I have an EPSON STYLUS C41SX inkjet printer, which has a parrallel port but no USB port & it used to work fine with my desktop.The problem is that, my laptop Compaq Presario M2000,does not match with the cable ( which used to fit into the CPU of my desktop).How do I connect my printer to my laptop? There is a expanson port in the laptop but it never fits the printer cable.
Please help with exactly what connector or cable to buy & if possible estimated cost.Your help at the earliest will be truly appreciated.
:( :( :(

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Chk if a Parallel to USB Convertor cable is available at ur local harware shop. i did here about a USB Printer sharer.

mediator

Technomancer
Hey why do u want that for the laptop! I mean u can use ur desktop pc for printing laptop documents staright away! Just establish printer and file sharing between ur laptop and desktop...and there u go !
This enables laptop to utilize the installed printer on desktop pc to print documents and indeed very easy! Plus u dont have to install the whole printer package for laptop!
If u encounter problems for file and printer sharing goto *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=304378&highlight=#304378

and then go to setup a new printer and it'll show network printers available.... select ur desktop printer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom