HELP!!! HELP!!! HELP!!! Immediately

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aseem Nasnodkar

In the zone
I just bought a GIGABYTE XFX 5200 128MB GRAPHICS CARD.
MY mobo is Intel 845 chipset.

I put it into the AGP slot, connected my monitor to its display port.
But my monitor dsnt show anything. I goes off when i put on the CPU.

Please help fast!! Wat to do????? I am doing it all by myself. So please reply immediately today.

Tech&ME

Banned
Ok dude, do the following

First check if u really have a AGP slot Free on your mobo.

Then, next see to it that the AGP CARD which you have purchase complies with your mobo, to check this consult your mobo manual, if you do not have printed manual for your mobo, download the manual from the manufacturers website.

Then next, install the AGP CARD into the AGP Slot as per the directions given in both the motherboard manual and the AGP Card manual.

Next, do not connect your monitor to this AGP CARD now.

Switch ON your PC, your PC should boot as usuall and let windows load, once windows has completed loading, by default Windows should detect the AGP automatically and ask for the appropriate drivers to be installed.

If however it does not instal as drivers, u can manually install the drivers which came with the AGP CARD. This will be your hardware installation and hence the drivers can be install similar to installing drivers for printers, hence head to the Control Panel and intall this hardware.

Once the drivers are properly installed. Shut down your PC.

Now, change the Monitor Cable and connect it to this card. (You will have to select this card as the monitor output in the BIOS also)

Re-start your PC, and this time it should work.

D

Deleted member 5901

yeah change from vga to agp in bios thats the basic problem !!!

Cheers !!!!

OP
A

Aseem Nasnodkar

In the zone
OH HUGE PROBLEM!!!

I went to BIOS. There was an option to change he Init Display. But only PCI and VGA was available. So i disabled VGA in power management options I guess.

Now my monitor dsnt show anything.!!! Waht 2 do? Pls help fast!

Cannot use the PC!

OP
A

Aseem Nasnodkar

In the zone
ok problem solved. I just panicked. Was a small prob.

So now wat do i do? I dont have AGP slot option for my monitor to take source from!

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
well dude have read ur MOBO informaition brocher??

btw dude cheak this link & see what intel has to say...

& pls give the exact model name of ur Motherboard...

D

Deleted member 5901

could be ur mobo dosent support 3.3v AGP cards !!!

Cheers !!!

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
King said:
could be ur mobo dosent support 3.3v AGP cards !!!

Cheers !!!

mate pls check the link i have given him...

its not could... Intel says that this chipset does have probels with 3.3V cards.... i am not a card expert... so i cant say what is the actual volt this card works at.... if its works at 3.3V then intel asks u to use the jumpers....

Tech&ME

Banned
This is the reason why I ask everyone to post there hardware configuration of there system with there quiry since this is a hardware related quiry , so please let us know your hardware configuration first and specially the mobo and processor that you are using. This will help us resolve your problem. There are several ways you can solve this problem of your but without the hardware configuration, I afraid to give out a solution since it can be harmful for your computer. Hence give us the complete hardware configuration with software that you have on your system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom