HELP!!File Stops Downloading ~99%

OP
adityak469

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku
well your only hope now is to disable windows defender and try and if that fails you will have to reinstall windows , am guessing it is ,exe files only which are not completing ,rar and other formats will download just fine, this problem is random and is mostly caused by AV or firewalls or a bad disk some ppl have blamed it on bad registry so there is no telling , best bet reinstall windows.

once again, the problem was on x86 then also on x64. Also i installed x64 twice. The problem doesnt go away. Will try Win8 this Sunday.

Paste the mediafire links here. I'll try downloading them.

will do once i come online from PC.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
once again, the problem was on x86 then also on x64. Also i installed x64 twice. The problem doesnt go away. Will try Win8 this Sunday.

will do once i come online from PC.

Nevermind, i got the link from the screenshot.

The file downloaded perfectly good (college lan)
Windows vista 32 bit, IDM 6.11, no antivirus

OP
adityak469

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku
Nevermind, i got the link from the screenshot.

The file downloaded perfectly good (college lan)
Windows vista 32 bit, IDM 6.11, no antivirus

Good thinking!

I already knew that :l
its my pc, not the file. :l

- - - Updated - - -

bump!

- - - Updated - - -

bump,anyone has any other suggestions?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
i meant try dl manager which does not combine parts later but instead pre-allocate entire space for file(eg.flashget older versions,don sure about latest versions).

TheHumanBot

Padawan
it's a virus. scan with anti malware bytes.
(didn't read the whole thread) but assuming all downloads gets stuck at 99% even from browser without IDM?

OP
adityak469

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku
i meant try dl manager which does not combine parts later but instead pre-allocate entire space for file(eg.flashget older versions,don sure about latest versions).
will do that

it's a virus. scan with anti malware bytes.
(didn't read the whole thread) but assuming all downloads gets stuck at 99% even from browser without IDM?
thinking about it, but a complete scan would literally take a whole day. i have like 2.5TB of data on this PC :|

OP
adityak469

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku
also, not all files are stopped at 99%

- - - Updated - - -

scan only c drive. move downloads to other drive while scanning so it scans only system files.

if there is a virus, it isnt in C. I had completely wiped C and reformatted it while reinstalling OS.

Rajneesh

Broken In
Download and install Hotspot Shield
Try to download the file with IDM while Hotspot shield is on (Protection Mode).

OP
adityak469

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku
So, did it resolve ?
nope. still have to try what whitestar said
[MENTION=271931]adityak469[/MENTION], download them all at your school/college and save your 3g data pack. :p
my school PCs dont have internet access xD
Do you have CCleaner installed ? Try performing a cleanup, then attempt to download ?
doing it now

- - - Updated - - -

Do you have CCleaner installed ? Try performing a cleanup, then attempt to download ?

doesnt work :(

Mr.Kickass

In the zone
Wow, this is seriously strange, assuming that you cleaned up temp files and fixed registry.

Did you ever face this type of issue with the same copy of Windows earlier ? I'm asking because I see that only system updates (including steam) are causing problems. Rest of the downloads, like mp3s and mp4s and even rars, come out fine. Now these updates are usually parked inside system drive [C:]. Even so, the system files aren't situated beside the mp3s you downloaded (assuming you are using default download location, which is usually inside C:\Users...\Downloads\)

So, you should probably troubleshoot there. I suggest that if you are going to wait till Sunday (Windows 8) then put Malwarebytes to work. There is no guarantee, but at least you'll eliminate the possibility of a rogue app, and learn more about the problem. Meanwhile, try asking on Sevenforums as well.

Rajneesh

Broken In
[h=3]Have you tried Hotspot shield ?[/h]The Problem has nothing to do with junk files, viruses, browser or dm else a clean format should solve the problem.
I think its related to ip/dns.
99.JPG

Top Bottom