HELP!!File Stops Downloading ~99%

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku
SOLVED!!File Stops Downloading ~99%

OK so this is weird, I only have seen memes about this thing but all my downloads stop downloading ~99% and I cant seem to find the cause. First I was on Win7 x86 and was downloading drivers for my newly arrived GPU when it stopped at exactly 99.99% and as I was going to format my PC to x64 anyway, I ignored the problem. Now, I;m on x64 Win7 and the same thing is happening! Same driver file stopped at ~99%. I used IDM then chrome's inbuilt browser, have disabled firewall and tried all I know but all that was in vain. Also its not only the driver file that stops at 99%, my mobo driver files and Java insatller all stop ~99%. Any help? This problem has drained like 900MB of data, and I'm on 3G so this is costing a good amount of money.

Last edited:

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Have you tried restarting the download from 99% ?

Also, during the download, make sure the link is resumable. Sometimes, non resumable links are created because of the operator.

OP
adityak469

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku
Have you tried restarting the download from 99% ?

Also, during the download, make sure the link is resumable. Sometimes, non resumable links are created because of the operator.

All links are resumable and I have used refresh download link in IDM but it still just stays at 99%

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
All links are resumable and I have used refresh download link in IDM but it still just stays at 99%

Try using different version of IDM. Don't refresh the download link from IDM, instead refresh it from the browser. Stop the download, open its properties and then paste the new link there. Now resume the download.

OP
adityak469

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku
Try using different version of IDM. Don't refresh the download link from IDM, instead refresh it from the browser. Stop the download, open its properties and then paste the new link there. Now resume the download.

Tried different version, same thing happening.
Will try that. Anything else that may help?

- - - Updated - - -

OK so I tried downloading some mp3s and all of them are being downloaded fine(Mozilla's DL manager) but the drivers still stop downloading. WTF is happening?

- - - Updated - - -
[MENTION=135617]rijinpk1[/MENTION] [MENTION=140941]harshilsharma63[/MENTION] [MENTION=145143]SaiyanGoku[/MENTION] halph?

OP
adityak469

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku
Tried Linux?
Download puppy Linux (lightest version) and get back us with the results.
I dont have the means to get network access using Linux

I don't think the problem is OS related. I've had similar problems in the past because of bad connection.
Its not due to bad connection, If I download any other file simultaneously, it downloads flawlessly

NOW figured this out, I can download any file from any site without any problem(tried exe and mp3 and rar) but when i DL from the biostar site(my mobo drivers) and geforce site, this 99% problem happens :|

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
I dont have the means to get network access using Linux

Its not due to bad connection, If I download any other file simultaneously, it downloads flawlessly

NOW figured this out, I can download any file from any site without any problem(tried exe and mp3 and rar) but when i DL from the biostar site(my mobo drivers) and geforce site, this 99% problem happens :|

Try transloading the files to a 3rd party file sharing site like mediafire and download from there. They have the option of webupload.

OP
adityak469

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku
Try transloading the files to a 3rd party file sharing site like mediafire and download from there. They have the option of webupload.
yes i am trying to do that only

but my previous assumption was wrong. its happening randomly. some work some dont :|

- - - Updated - - -

*puu.sh/gcqf3/5af901652c.jpg

300MB goes to waste, again :(

now what to do?

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
300MB goes to waste, again :(

now what to do?

Tried stopping, refreshing link from browser, copy-pasting it and then resuming it again?

Switch to unlimited broadband instead. :|

Increase the max number of connections to 16 in IDM settings and connection to high speed direct connection.

What antivirus are you using? maybe that is conflicting with the download of .exe files.

OP
adityak469

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku
Tried stopping, refreshing link from browser, copy-pasting it and then resuming it again?

Switch to unlimited broadband instead. :|

Increase the max number of connections to 16 in IDM settings and connection to high speed direct connection.

What antivirus are you using? maybe that is conflicting with the download of .exe files.
please explain in detail

if it were that easy, i would have done it already

its 16 but it only uses 2 :|

no AV

and this is weird
*puu.sh/gcrtT/3f17844e2c.jpg
steam isnt updating too. its just stuck there :| :| :| :'(
and after closing it, i get this message
*puu.sh/gcrDs/ed1963182b.png

Attachments

• ed1963182b.png
    ed1963182b.png
    27.5 KB · Views: 144

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
please explain in detail

if it were that easy, i would have done it already

its 16 but it only uses 2 :|

no AV

*www.digit.in/forum/software-q/190136-help-file-stops-downloading-99-a-post2204931.html#post2204931

this

Don't refresh the download link from IDM, instead refresh it from the browser. Stop the download, open its properties and then paste the new link there. Now resume the download.

spxx

Broken In
your system is not writing multi threaded downloads to disk, idm and steam [ which is powered bit torrent tech] are multi threaded , if there is no anti virus running and to eliminate disk fault it is best to download a live cd of any linux version put it on usb [ use live linux creator] to boot from it and try, another think is you can do is run check disk cmd or try as admin to run SFC /SCANNOW from cmd window this should re write any corrupt files and chkdsk will fix any errors on drive and bad sectors.

OP
adityak469

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku
like earlier suggested try with antivirus disabled.
i dont have AV installed as of now

your system is not writing multi threaded downloads to disk, idm and steam [ which is powered bit torrent tech] are multi threaded , if there is no anti virus running and to eliminate disk fault it is best to download a live cd of any linux version put it on usb [ use live linux creator] to boot from it and try, another think is you can do is run check disk cmd or try as admin to run SFC /SCANNOW from cmd window this should re write any corrupt files and chkdsk will fix any errors on drive and bad sectors.

i would love to use linux but i cant get my modem to work with it without having a wired internet, which i dont have. i am running chkdsk right now and also will change the save location for both temp and completed IDM files to another HDD.

PS- torrent DLs work fine

spxx

Broken In
was on 8 at first then on 16.
Will try 1.

Also no errors on chkdsk

well your only hope now is to disable windows defender and try and if that fails you will have to reinstall windows , am guessing it is ,exe files only which are not completing ,rar and other formats will download just fine, this problem is random and is mostly caused by AV or firewalls or a bad disk some ppl have blamed it on bad registry so there is no telling , best bet reinstall windows.

Top Bottom