Help! DVD-ROM problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

pantheratigris

Broken In
I have a Samsung DVD-ROM SD-616E. I have a PC with WinXP and P4 1.5Ghz .Earlier it used to be able to read digit DVD's well but now it just dosent read the digit DVD eg. nov05 and dec05 but it reads some of the older digit dvd's. Whenever i insert the nov05 or dec05 DVD there is an error and windows gives an error saying that "Windows Explorer needs to shut down" and that this DVD is "corrupt" and "not formatted". Most of the Digit DVD's i get do not work. However those same DVd's run perfectly well on my friends notebook HP COMPAQ NC6000. I just don't understand why those same DVD's run on other PC's and not mine.
I even upgraded the firmware and reinstalled the drivers. Still it dosent work.
On the other hand every other dvd except a digit dvd works fine. This is very troublesome since i have been struggling with this problem for very long. Its very frustrating because the digit dvd's do not run.

dIgItaL_BrAt

Cyborg Agent
Some drives have problems with certain discs, it depends on the brand of the disc,among other factors.Certain (most?) Digit DVD's do not run at all in my Sony DVD drive,While they run perfectly in my DVD writer.The only solution is to use those discs in another drive.

I

invisible

SOny DVD drives are the worst in the world.They always create problems after some time. :evil: Please dont buy them.LG is the best.
DOnt ever buy Sony n Samsung Optical drives 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom