Help choosing between between Defy and Optimus 1

RaptorX

Broken In
It's about time I updated my ancient cell phone.

This will be my first android phone.

Browsing through severals topics it seems that the Optimus 1 and Moto Defy are one of the most popular choices in their respective price categories. The samsung galaxy sl is a little too expensive for me. I was trying to keep my budget within 15k.

With the discount code on letsbuy, the defy comes to 15.2k and the optimus to 8.5k

The defy has a 5mp cam with flash and seems pretty rugged. I don't know if the cam and other features is significantly superior to the optimus 1. Im trying to figure out if it's worth the 6-7k premium over the optimus especially considering the android version that comes with the defy. How big a deal does the version make? Is it laggier?

The optimus seems to be VERY popular but I also read about its dust problem. Also no flash with the camera.

Decent quality cam, music/sound quality, web experience, email/messaging,fb, smooth interface etc are important.

I have 0 experience rooting a phone but am open to the idea.

I'd appreciate your advice and suggestions guys. If there is some other phone in the same range that I should consider then let me know.

I plan on placing my order before the 15th.

k4ce

Youngling
u are comparing two totally different phones here ... I think Samsung Ace is like middle ground here ...

U can't go wrong with either of these three phones ... decide if you really want the rugged phone ?... If not, you are just paying a premium on Defy ... And decide if you need the better cam that ace has (and more importantly the bigger screen) ... If you say no, go for o1 ... I know this is really cryptic advice ... but hey, u are comparing very different phones ...

additionally, if you can stretch a bit more, try to bag the galaxy sl ... Top notch kit ... no compromises ..

Sid_hooda

I'm taller than you
Just get the Defy and hope that it gets updated to FroYo soon. The other option is to save up and buy the Galaxy S which retails for ~ 20.5k on Croma now.

Top Bottom