Help choosing a hi-end cabinet - Cooler Master Storm Scout OR Thermaltake Armor+ MX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rollercoaster

-The BlacKCoaT Operative-
Hi everyone, I am planning to buy a new cabinet adn looking for one that will last a while considering -

>max number of front USB ports,
>levels of dust in india as well as
>future hardware upgrades
>modding goodness.

The current choices are:
>Cooler Master Storm Scout Video review
>Thermaltake Armor+ MX Video review

The Armor+ is pushing my budget a lot but it has removable motherboard tray that is looking very very desirable where as the scout master looks better is all black. what to do :oops:

Q1. My only option to buy online as these items are not available in Dehradun.
are there any other online shops I can get a better price at?

Q2. Any other cabinets? remember keeping dust out is very important.

Thanks for reading.

OP
Rollercoaster

Rollercoaster

Re: Help choosing a hi-end cabinet - Cooler Master Storm Scout OR Thermaltake Armor+

Antec Nine Hundred Video Review

I looked at it earlier.. my views

-ve for me
Not screw-less
only 2 USB front panel
too costly. for that much money mobo tray is not removable :(

+for me
fan speed controls
good company

Krow

Crowman
Re: Help choosing a hi-end cabinet - Cooler Master Storm Scout OR Thermaltake Armor+

Try searching for Aluminium cabinets. Theydon't rust unlike steel. How about CM HAF 932? If not, then HAF 922?

OP
Rollercoaster

Rollercoaster

^ that costs like 10k.. I don't want to spend more then 6.5k but the pull out motherboard tray looks so good in the Armor+ is giving me a hard time letting go

Is there any other online place I can buy/compare price from?

asingh

Aspiring Novelist

@OP:
what all you planning to put in the cabinet. The CM690 is a good bet for ~6.5K.
For the dust, it will get in from the fan ducts. You can buy fan filters to beat that.
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
@OP:
what all you planning to put in the cabinet. The CM690 is a good bet for ~6.5K.
For the dust, it will get in from the fan ducts. You can buy fan filters to beat that.

Also if you can manage, go for Full ATX. Nothing beats that size, so much space. But it all boils down, to what all you want to mount within the cabinet

Last edited:

Krow

Crowman

The HAF922 is 10k? I thought it was more like 7k. CM690 for 4.5k is the most VFM, personally, I prefer CM cabinets.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!

^ that costs like 10k.. I don't want to spend more then 6.5k but the pull out motherboard tray looks so good in the Armor+ is giving me a hard time letting go

Is there any other online place I can buy/compare price from?

add to that the facility of setting up water cooling without drilling holes in the back for Armor+, 250mm fans.
Posted again:
among Armor+ MX and CM Storm Scout, my pick would Armor+ MX. It has lot better features and lot lot better cooling.

Last edited:
OP
Rollercoaster

Rollercoaster

Hi everyone thanks. i bought the CM storm scout

turns out the Armor+ MX is different from Armer+
the MX one doesnt have removable mobo tray and it only has 2 USB
I am just glad that I realized this before buying online
Posted again:
oh and water cooling is something I want
but I dont really think I am going to get time to do that anytime soon
may be when I upgrade my system next.. and if it requires modding I'l be gald about doing it :)

Last edited:

I think you should go for Antec p180 / 182, they cost around 6k. They have dust filters and its architecture provides best ventillation. But I am not sure if they are available directly in shops. You have to order it.

Krow

Crowman

He already bought it guys. :) Congrats mate. Pics pleaseeeee! :D

OP
Rollercoaster

Rollercoaster

He already bought it guys. :) Congrats mate. Pics pleaseeeee! :D

Thanks Techa.

I also ordered a few bubble lights and a couple of cathodes.. just waiting for them to ship it to me now.. online shopping is great if a bit costlier.

hope there are more shops in the future and the competition is sure to make us the winners :D

will post pics. it will be specially cool to compare it to my current modded-the-hell-out-off-cabinate :razz:

Krow

Crowman

We are waiting. :D

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!

Better off if one picks up a lian li against those cases!

Krow

Crowman

^Which Lian Li is good @ 5k? I mean a competing model to the CM-690. If there is a good alternative, then we'll heartily recommend it to all. Also, how's the availability of Lian Li?

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!

^^ I think there are some lian li cases from lan cool series one can get for around 5kish. Go to this site: *www.lian-li.com/v2/en/contact_us/contact_us.php and select India as country, you will get the contact details for the official distri for lian li cases. Contact them which cases are available for that range, google for the reviews and choose accordingly. AFAIK, PC-K56 is for 4kish and PC-K60W is for 5kish without shipping. BTW- gone are the days of calling 4k cases as hi-end tower :p. But mid towers does a good job and their cases are usually worth every penny.

OP
Rollercoaster

Rollercoaster

Alright Guys. I got it a few days ago and went nuts!!

See the post here

asingh

Aspiring Novelist

Wow...what a review.

Read you blog, and the embedded links too. Really nice. What all you have put in the cabinet. I am sure, your blog mentions it, but was too busy oogling at the images...!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom