HELP!!!! Cannot install any OS in HDD,motherboard problems likely-??!!!

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
To all TDF Friends,also to our generous Helpful Friends,topgear & whitestar.

This last sunday I was given a Sony pendrive by one of my relative,to copy some Tagore Songs onto it.I was inside Fedora 19,and was surfing through Firefox.I did my job successfully.
Afterwards,"FREEZING" Problems started onto my desktop,either on Windows 7 Pro or Fedora or Linux Mint.
Sometimes even,after starting the machine,the boot screen logo was stuck up(FREEZE).

I tried various options but everything in vain.
What I did,was I wiped clean the MBR,even cleared CMOS,rendering erasure of Windows 7 Pro and Fedora 19.
Yesterday I did a full wiping of the HDD containing Windows 7 Pro and also the Back-up image of Windows 7 Pro.
The wipe was of full low level formatting of HDD's(filling with 0),which took almost whole of night.
I reconfigured/reformatted/repartitioned the HDD's SUCCESSFULLY ,which showed it was ready for a clean install of Windows(NTFS partition) and Linux(ext4 partition).
NONE OF THE OS ARE INSTALLED,despite several attempts.Eventually,the screen is in Freezing state.

I successfully RE-FLASHED THE BIOS(which showed SUCCESS),and I could open up the BIOS settings.
All the Hardware,settings(DISKS,Floppy,DVD-writer,USB) etc. components are shown to be functioning as NORMAL as everAll components are recognised in fully NORMAL terms and conditions.
Temp. of CPU is 47 degrees and that of System is 36 degrees as shown.

Has the Mobo gone KAPUT? Because HDD's were shown to function Normal.
Motherboard is : BIOSTAR TA785GE 128M

Do I need a change in upgradation( I LIKE TO MOVE OVER TO INTEL PLATFORM,with Core i3 CPU: Ivybridge and ASUS mobo,DDR3 RAM-8GB max).

OR IS IT ANY OTHER PROBLEM.
Expiry of warrant of Mobo expired.

SUGGESTIONS AND HELP PLEASEEEE....

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
you should have installed crystaldiskinfo(download portable zip version only not the installer version which now contains adware) & post its screenshot before wiping windows.anyway you can either connect your hdd to another system & run crystaldiskinfo or you can run any hdd S.M.A.R.T. monitoring software from some live linux cd.

OP
kg11sgbg

kg11sgbg

Me a great Fool!
Forgot to mention that the Windows 7 Pro(64-bit) is of OEM version,that takes AGES for installation.
MY MACHINE IS RUNNING COMPLETELY NORMAL AS BEFORE ,AFTER A FRESH AND CLEAN RE-INSTALLATION OF WINDOWS...
Thanks Friends.

BUT PROBLEM OF FREEZE HAS STARTED!!!
WHY? WHY? WHY?

Last edited:

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Me a great Fool!
Forgot to mention that the Windows 7 Pro(64-bit) is of OEM version,that takes AGES for installation.
MY MACHINE IS RUNNING COMPLETELY NORMAL AS BEFORE ,AFTER A FRESH AND CLEAN RE-INSTALLATION OF WINDOWS...
Thanks Friends.

BUT PROBLEM OF FREEZE HAS STARTED!!!
WHY? WHY? WHY?

The problem is freeze is due to your CPU over heating. I used to get the same problem when I used to use Intel Core 2 Duo as its fan blade broke of and started to overheat & give me freezes all the time.

OP
kg11sgbg

kg11sgbg

The problem is freeze is due to your CPU over heating. I used to get the same problem when I used to use Intel Core 2 Duo as its fan blade broke of and started to overheat & give me freezes all the time.
I know that Friend.
Already mentioned that my CPU is showing a temp. of 47 degrees centigrade and system showing 36 degrees centigrade,that too within my BIOS info.
Ultimately BIOSTAR TA785GE 128M Motherboard bade me GOOD-BYE!!!(As it seems).Simply put the PC is booting up,power led is glowing,but no display and no HDD activity.The motherboard has two small red glowing LED's for display sensors,which is now shut off completely.THOSE ARE NOT GLOWING.Whereas other led indicators on motherboard are glowing.

I am pretty sure,there is no problem with HDD as I've checked from BIOS and also from live PC-LinuxOS,that HDD's are functioning normal.

Should I go for ASUS or GIGABYTE?
Which will be more reliable???

OP
kg11sgbg

kg11sgbg

^It was a new WD 1 TB Caviar Blue.

In my first post I mentioned that I had already wiped off the disk clean by low level formatting(filling up with 0's).
Even before the problem started,I used to check regularly my other HDD's which are of SEAGATE using sea tools.For the WD HDD I had downloaded
the ACRONIS WD HDD manager.By running these tools I saw all the HDD's are running fine.
Through PC-LinuxOS(live CD ver)I checked the SMART values,Temp.,spin,threshold data for all the HDD and saw all of them NORMAL.
WHY HAS THE DISPLAY SHUT DOWN???

Gigabyte 4 sure ... & Win 7 OEM just installs in 10 min ...
Absolutely correct!
It is taking nearly that much time for the installation,BUT initialisation of the process,before installation is taking ages.This was my experience even when I installed Windows 7 for the first time on my brand new WD HDD,a couple of months back.

UPDATE: Actually Motherboard problems started from that time.
Windows 7 OEM initialisation + installation REALLY takes a little less than 10 min. if HARDWARE is completely O.K.

Ultimately purchased new motherboard & RAM.ALSO purchased a paid AV suite.

Motherboard : GIGABYTE GA-970A-DS3 (Socket AM3+/Socket AM3) for Rs.5,250/-
RAM : CORSAIR (VALUESELECT) 2x 4GB DDR3(Total 8GB) 1600Mhz for Rs.5,500/-
AV Suite : Quick Heal Internet Security 2013 Premium for Rs.800/-

All purchased from : SAVERA MARKETING AGENCY PVT. LTD.
4,Chandni Chowk Street,Ground Floor,
Kolkata - 700072

Last edited:

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
what is your psu?
congrats on the purchase. but you made a very wrong decision in purchasing that AV.

OP
kg11sgbg

kg11sgbg

^ Thanks Friend.

PSU is E-78 530W from AEROCOOL
It has two 12v rails whose total current amperage is 45A
78% rating,running for 4+ years...

As for Quick Heal,why it's a wrong decision??

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
frankly speaking quickheal is a waste of money.i would not use it even if someone were to give it to me free of cost.free ones like avast & avira are better than it & if one wants to spend money on AV kaspersky,bitdefender & norton are the recommended options.

OP
kg11sgbg

kg11sgbg

^But why whitestar?
Even in this Forum in some other thread I've come across a member's comment where Kaspersky was termed a trash.
And another member complained that Norton is a huge resource hog,so he uninstalled it.

You mean to say that Quick Heal has no protection at all???

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
quickheal does provide some protection just not worth the money it costs.kaspersky & bitdefender are top class AVs but they sometimes don't work on some systems because of some software/hardware incompatibility leading to such comments but that is not their fault.don't believe comments of others without any research.here is my preferred testing site for AV performance btw which i use to get a rough idea about various AVs:
AV-Comparatives - Independent Tests of Anti-Virus Software - Real World Protection Test Overview
you can also check performance for a custom time duration.

OP
kg11sgbg

kg11sgbg

My Fault.
Kaspersky was also present at SAVERA for a price of Rs.550/-(1user,1year).
I shelled out Rs.250/- more for this ordinary AV Internet Security suite 2013.
Time to repent and nothing else.

Top Bottom