Help Buying new RAM

manab_bikash

Neophyte
Hi, Guys I want to buy a new set of ram maybe 8GB(4GB each), as by looking at my config u see i have 2GB Kingstone DDR3 and i want to go for CORSAIR or GSKILL. I looked for CORSAIR Vengeance but i think it doesnt support amd processors, i dont know i looked in Corsair website, it says the Corsair DOMINATOR supports but its way to expensive for my budget. My budget is 4k.
Also, I want it as i work mostly in After Effects,so i want to have longer ram preview and good performance.
So, please HELP
Motherboard: MSI E53
Processor : Amd Phenom X620
Graphics : Palit GTS 260 896mb Express Card
Hard Drive : 500GB Western Digital
Smps : Gigabyte 460 watt
Ram : 2GB Kingstone DDR3

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Yes, it will support your config, but it will run @1333MHz.
You will get 1600MHz only while overclocking.

OP
M

manab_bikash

Neophyte
ok, i have no idea how to overclock....
can you plz help how can i overclock in this config.. & also will it support with my installed ram, if i get the 3 together
also can i get any corsair ram within 4k for my config in case...

Last edited:

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
You will get much cheaper Corsair RAM: Corsair Value 4GB 1333 MHz CL9 DDR3 @ 1.2K

Buy two of them, and you will get them @2.4K, saving your 1.6K. ;)
It would be more than enough for your current config. :thumbs:

OP
M

manab_bikash

Neophyte
I visited a website Crucial.com and scan for my board and found my memory type to be Memory Type : DDR3 PC3-10600, DDR3 PC3-12800, DDR3 PC3-16000, DDR3 PC3-14900
Guys i just wanted to know, if i go for Corsair Dominator or Vengeance which 1 will support my system...and what will be the price..
Actually, if i get the RAM i dont want 2 change it for at least 3 yrs, so i want 2 get the good 1 with a heat sink. I think you got the idea...
Please HELP..

Dominator® with DHX Pro Connector — 8GB Dual Channel DDR3 Memory Kit (CMP8GX3M2A1600C9)
OR
XMS3 — 8GB Dual Channel DDR3 Memory Kit (CMX8GX3M2A1600C9)
OR
[ Ripjaws ] F3-12800CL9S-2GBRL (2Gx1) / F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL (2Gx2) / F3-12800CL9Q-8GBRL (2Gx4)

If i get this RAM will it support my system and what is its price..

Last edited:

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
^^ all ram memory modules have a lifetime warranty ;-)

I guess it's comes down to 10 years in India, right? :unsure:

Dominator® with DHX Pro Connector — 8GB Dual Channel DDR3 Memory Kit (CMP8GX3M2A1600C9)
OR
OR
[ Ripjaws ] F3-12800CL9S-2GBRL (2Gx1) / F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL (2Gx2) / F3-12800CL9Q-8GBRL (2Gx4)

If i get this RAM will it support my system and what is its price..

Dominator is a waste for your rig. You don't need it.
XMS3 modules are good, but a priced a bit higher than equivalent ripjawsX.
As for ripjawsX, 1st one if of 2GB and you wanted 4GB min in your first post. 2nd one is good, and you can't use 3rd one unless you don't want to use the existing RAM, as you already have one 2 GB module. So, only 3 slots are open.

Cilus

laborare est orare
manab_bikash, overclocking the Ram to run at 1600 MHz speed in your motherboard is easy; just check the Motherboard's manual book. 1st you have to go the BIOS of the motherboard and there will be a section for overclocking. Go into that. You will find one entry: CPU: DRam ratio which is set to AUTO. Change it to MANUAL and there will be four option available. Select the 1:4 value, save the BIOS and you are done. It is clearly written step by step in your motherboard's manual with each of the BIOS screens, Screenshots and explanation about the options. If you've lots it, download the PDF file from the product's page in MSI site.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I guess it's comes down to 10 years in India, right? :unsure:

Dominator is a waste for your rig. You don't need it.
XMS3 modules are good, but a priced a bit higher than equivalent ripjawsX.
As for ripjawsX, 1st one if of 2GB and you wanted 4GB min in your first post. 2nd one is good, and you can't use 3rd one unless you don't want to use the existing RAM, as you already have one 2 GB module. So, only 3 slots are open.

yep, in here it's 10 year but that's some long warranty they offer enough to be called Life Time ;-)

OP
M

manab_bikash

Neophyte
Corsair is better value for money.

As u said earlier...
I think i will go for this 1 its price in Corsair website is $59.99 i.e 3119 approx.
Is it ok if i go with this 1...Please Suggest...

OP
M

manab_bikash

Neophyte
This Ram is not available in here...they are suggesting me to go with Gskill Sniper DDR3-1600..

I also need suggestion :

Motherboard : MSI 890GXM G65
Processor : Phenom II x6 1055T

Currently, I have Gskill Ripjaws DDR3 (Blue) CL7 (2*2GB).
But I can't able to find this RAM in market.

So,planning for same (2*4GB) DDR3 rams.

1) Corsair XMS3 1600mhz
2) G skill Sniper 1600mhz
3) Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz

(I will also use Hyper 212 EVO)

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
Hello,

I also need suggestion. Following is my current config:

AMD Phenom II X4 955
Gigabyte 890GPA-UD3H
Corsair XMS3 1333Mhz 4GB
Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 Twin Frozer Edition

I want to buy another 4GB stick, and I want to stick to Corsair XMS3. Many of the sticks I see online have 1600Mhz specified as their frequency. Should those work at 1333Mhz because my existing stick is at 1333Mhz?

For example, will this work?

Flipkart: Corsair 4 GB DDR3: Ram

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
I also need suggestion :

Motherboard : MSI 890GXM G65
Processor : Phenom II x6 1055T

Currently, I have Gskill Ripjaws DDR3 (Blue) CL7 (2*2GB).
But I can't able to find this RAM in market.

So,planning for same (2*4GB) DDR3 rams.

1) Corsair XMS3 1600mhz
2) G skill Sniper 1600mhz
3) Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz

(I will also use Hyper 212 EVO)

All are almost same. Buy any of them. G Skill RipjawsX is also very good.

P.S. try making separate thread instead of posting in other's thread.

I want to buy another 4GB stick, and I want to stick to Corsair XMS3. Many of the sticks I see online have 1600Mhz specified as their frequency. Should those work at 1333Mhz because my existing stick is at 1333Mhz?

For example, will this work?

Yes, you are right. Using 1600MHz RAM with another 1333MHz RAM is of no use. As the 1600MHz ram would work @1333MHz. I would suggest you to buy Corsair value RAM Link and save your money. As buying 1600MHz RAM is nothing but waste of extra money that you are paying for the extra speed which you can't use.

Top Bottom