Help buying new monitor and graphic card

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
the board ajai5777 suggested is crossfire one.......can someone suggest a gud sli one too as i am thinkin of goin with nvidia.

AMD & SLI? not possible. though you can try out one of these:

1st option: PowerColor HD 5770 Evolution. onboard is a Lucid Hydra chip. so you can pair it with a GTX460 when it gets released.

2nd option: Asus Crosshair III Extreme. it comes with a Lucid Hydra chip too. so ATI + Nvidia.

*xtreview.com/images/asus%20Crosshair%20IV%20extreme%20.jpg

OP
H

harshk360

Broken In
AMD & SLI? not possible.

Ok. i can still use a single nvidia card on MSI 890GXM-G6.

Another question (pardon if i ask too many questions, but i have to get the best in my budget) - which is better for gaming - x6 1055 or x4 965 BE

also, how is gigabyte mobo - GA-880GM-USB3

Last edited:

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
As of now, X4 965 would be better as till now, not all games are optimized for even 4 cores although they will be in near future. So games optimized for six cores are far away. This also because, although AMD is ahead of Intel in launching 6 core processors, but the markets are mostly shaped by Intel whose 6-core processors are yet to come. The higher clock speed of X4 will be better for gaming. 3.4Ghz is much more than 2.8 Ghz. However, If you are looking for some future proofing, X6 could come in handy although I would suggest going for the X4

OP
H

harshk360

Broken In
so the x4 965 BE is better?

how is gigabyte mobo - GA-880GM-USB3??

how can i tell that the components i am buying from nehru place are original and not refurbished.

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
Ask them for sealed packets, never take it if the seal is open. If you get it assembled from them, stay there when they unpack them and put it in. There are high chances of getting the wrong component depending on the shop if you are not careful enough. After the PC is assembled, keep the boxes with you. You can match the serial number on the motherboard, cabinet, keyboard-mouse, RAM etc. with the ones on the boxes. You can also get some information from softwares like CPU-z, GPU-Z, Speccy, SIW etc. Generally if you behave like an informed buyer they'll have less tendency to cheat you for the fear of being caught.

OP
H

harshk360

Broken In
thnx Cool Buddy......

but i am again confused....many benchmarks shows that i5 750 is better for gaming.????

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
thnx Cool Buddy......

but i am again confused....many benchmarks shows that i5 750 is better for gaming.????

i5: good gaming at stock speed. NO OC potential using stock cooler. you'll only overheat your processor.
i7: nothing beats it in gaming. SIMPLY THE BEST.
X4 965: better than i5 in gaming. due to high clock speed. also got some OC potential maybe 300Mhz more.
X4 955: same as above. just OC potential is 500-600Mhz. but i5 beats it @ stock speed.
X6 1055T: bad at gaming at stock speed. even Core Turbo of little help. runs very very cool. high OC potential. however once OC'd, other than i7, nothing comes in its path.

now decide.

OP
H

harshk360

Broken In
m not goin to do serious overclocking(just 200mhz when gaming).... so its x4 965....

thnx for the details Sam.Shab

---------- Post added at 01:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:55 PM ----------

are there any new intel and amd cpu coming before 31 of next month to confuse me more??

i hope not...atleast then i can decide my cpu choice atleast...coz m buying the system next month.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
m not goin to do serious overclocking(just 200mhz when gaming).... so its x4 965....

thnx for the details Sam.Shab

my pleasure buddy. but X6 runs cooler than X4s. & OC potential is much more. so think well before simply jumping to X4. if toy sure you'll OC just 200Mhz only or stick to default speed, please don't touch X5. it'll spoil all fun. if you OC more. say 400-500Mhz. X6 way to go.

are there any new intel and amd cpu coming before 31 of next month to confuse me more??

i hope not...atleast then i can decide my cpu choice atleast...coz m buying the system next month.

Intel already released 2 new processors. however they just are i5 & i7 with higher pricetag & unlocked multiplier. not much of any use. if you OC, answer is simply, you'll need a new heatsink & fan.

OP
H

harshk360

Broken In
so cpu fixed....now on to mobo ajai5777 recommended MSI 890GXM-G65...how is the GA-870A-UD3 in comparison......and which is the best board under Rs.7500

ajai5777

Youngling
GA-870A-UD3 may be cheap.It has got x16-x4 crossfire.Its the wastage of 2nd card attached.
MSI 890GXM-G65 @ 7.2k
It has got x8-x8 crossfire.Its a decent crossfire mode.Under 7.5k it might be the best.

OP
H

harshk360

Broken In
but the gigabyte one has better features... such as usb 3X and usb on off etc.

and there is less than 20% chance that i will use crossfire

for me if the board has jam packed features but no crossfire its ok

so give a suggestion now

ajai5777

Youngling
I still recommend X6 1055 over X4 965

X4 965 got 3.4GHz in 4 cores and X6 1055 got 6 physical cores of 2.8 Ghz and 3 of them can go upto 3.3 ghz with turbo core technology.So in less core optimised apps (current games) you will get 3.3 Ghz per core so there wont be much difference.But in future more core optimised games will come and X4 965 will go out of the picture.This is the case of stock speeds.

X6 1055 has got gr8 OC capacity and it'll go much MHz even with stock HSF.Just like my athlon II X4 630 2.8GHz getting 3.3-3.4 in stock HSF.

In multithreaded processing capacity, it beats i7 920-930.So gr8 future proof.

Just have a look at this review.
Phenom II X6 1055T and 1090T review

Check the benchies of different games - pages 16-18

X6 1055 and X4 965 performs almost similar in less core optimised games like crysis,farcry 2 etc.X4 965 isnt even in picture in case of Battlefield bad company 2.In that game it outperforms even the i7.

Main thing to be noted is that in Full HD resolution, all proccys performs similar and GPU takes the role.

OP
H

harshk360

Broken In
I still recommend X6 1055 over X4 965

X4 965 got 3.4GHz in 4 cores and X6 1055 got 6 physical cores of 2.8 Ghz and 3 of them can go upto 3.3 ghz with turbo core technology.So in less core optimised apps (current games) you will get 3.3 Ghz per core so there wont be much difference.But in future more core optimised games will come and X4 965 will go out of the picture.This is the case of stock speeds.

X6 1055 has got gr8 OC capacity and it'll go much MHz even with stock HSF.Just like my athlon II X4 630 2.8GHz getting 3.3-3.4 in stock HSF.

In multithreaded processing capacity, it beats i7 920-930.So gr8 future proof.

Just have a look at this review.
Phenom II X6 1055T and 1090T review

Check the benchies of different games - pages 16-18

X6 1055 and X4 965 performs almost similar in less core optimised games like crysis,farcry 2 etc.X4 965 isnt even in picture in case of Battlefield bad company 2.In that game it outperforms even the i7.

Main thing to be noted is that in Full HD resolution, all proccys performs similar and GPU takes the role.

i will seriously consider this too

ajai5777

Youngling
MSI 890GXM E65 @ 7.2k If you plan crossfire in future.It has got all other features like USB3,SATA3 etc. Its mATX and has 1 PCI.

ASUS M4A87TD/USB3 @ 6k No IGP,No crossfire at all with all other features like USB3,SATA3 etc. Its ATX and has 3 PCI's

First one is better future proof with a decent crossfire mode of x8-x8.Also No crossfire is better than x16-x4 crossfire.

OP
H

harshk360

Broken In
hey just bought the new system, with x4 965, corsair 450, CM 690, corsair 4gb ddr3 ram, MSI 890 GXM-G65 mobo.

I have 1 prob., the stock cooler with the cpu is ultra noisy, suggest a gud cooler under rs.2000

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
hey just bought the new system, with x4 965, corsair 450, CM 690, corsair 4gb ddr3 ram, MSI 890 GXM-G65 mobo.

I have 1 prob., the stock cooler with the cpu is ultra noisy, suggest a gud cooler under rs.2000

congrats. well looks like you one of the unlucky one who got bad X4 9*5 coolers.

for an OEM HSF, get the Skythe Katana3. or CM TX3.

OP
H

harshk360

Broken In
whats with the bad cooler and how is the hyper 212 plus, and plz help with a guide to install cooler

Last edited:
Top Bottom