help buying an anti-virus .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Journeyman
problem is that I have to suggest which anti-virus we should buy . this is a 25 people internet-based company I am running . I am suggesting kaspersky . I can buy KAspersky 7 for $120 . now kaspersky 6 is available for $30 .

So if I buy kaspersky 6 instead of the latest version then download all the patches , then what will be the diffrence in performance ? ok user interface will be slightly different but again for performance will there be any difference ?

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
56561 said:
problem is that I have to suggest which anti-virus we should buy . this is a 25 people internet-based company I am running . I am suggesting kaspersky . I can buy KAspersky 7 for $120 . now kaspersky 6 is available for $30 .

Wrong Information... !!! Dont buy from Web Site... and in Local Market we bought 25 KAV each Rs. 725/-... when you buy single Vendor quoted Rs. 1000/- each

So if I buy kaspersky 6 instead of the latest version then download all the patches , then what will be the diffrence in performance ? ok user interface will be slightly different but again for performance will there be any difference ?

Once again wrong information... Upgrade to higher Version within your linacne piriod is free... !!!!

So buy KAV 6 available, then download KAV 7 from their Site... use the Purchased key to install KAV 7 :D

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Choto Cheeta said:
So buy KAV 6 available, then download KAV 7 from their Site... use the Purchased key to install KAV 7 :D

I did not get this choto . is it confirmed or have you done it before? and what about the prices of KIS?

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
charangk said:
I did not get this choto . is it confirmed or have you done it before? and what about the prices of KIS?

Refer to the KAV Terms of Servioce or Privacy Statement for confirmation... and for assurance... sure :D just did it on 25 KAVs :D... and I did asked KAV Sales before I buy :)

KIS is Rs. 1200/- here for once purchase... my one cost Rs. 1085/- :) as bought along with those KAVs !!!!

KIS TOS said:
4. Upon activation of the Software (with the exception of Software provided for demonstration purposes), during the period specified on the packaging (if the Software was purchased in hardcopy format) or specified by you when purchasing the Software (if you purchased the Software via the Internet), you are entitled to receive the following from the Copyright Owner or its partners:
New versions of the Software, including antivirus database updates made available via the Internet as they are released.
Technical support (via telephone and/or the Internet).
New versions of the antivirus databases intended to remove previously unknown viruses which you may find. An update for the threat signatures necessary to remove a previously unknown virus is released within 48 hours after receipt of the virus by the Copyright Owner.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Can anyone from bangalore give me the cost of KIS 7 and also contact info if possible :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom