Help buying a new notebook around 50k

OP
S

skepticmuggle

Broken In
@acewin - Isn't the only difference between 1005tx and 1002tx the color ? I saw in HP india website that both have got 1 year warranty.

acewin

Point Blanc
I checked flipkart's site, I also knew they had only color difference but after seeing the flipkart's site I thought that it is 1 year. in the morning it was showing out of stock.
Currently it is showing in stock.. :p

Enon

Broken In
Check this out: New! Inspiron 15R Special Edition Laptop Details | Dell India

That First Laptop in the laptop is good choice to go for.

Regards,
Enon

acewin

Point Blanc
naah HP package is better, and it would be good n better in build than inspiron series. If it would have been XPS then I would have understood.

OP
S

skepticmuggle

Broken In
Better to ask about warranty to hp india cc. flipkart shows stupid specs generally.

Hi Rider.. By stupid specs, did you mean the warranty or the configuration of the system? Can you please explain.. thanks.

About warranty - I met a regional HP sales head (accidentally) today when I went to the shop. He said that they provide 1 year full warranty including Onsite warranty. The only thing they didn't provide was anti theft warranty.. Of course he might have just lied to me. If any HP owners can clear this point it will be really grateful.

acewin

Point Blanc
@skeptic, no of owner who can reply to it would be less.
I am using Elitebook 8460p, but it does not have accidental warranty.

If the sales head says so then it might be true. Representatives like him do not put half comments.
BTW anti-theft warranty would mean they are providing insurance :D

rider

as Kratos
Hi Rider.. By stupid specs, did you mean the warranty or the configuration of the system? Can you please explain.. thanks.

About warranty - I met a regional HP sales head (accidentally) today when I went to the shop. He said that they provide 1 year full warranty including Onsite warranty. The only thing they didn't provide was anti theft warranty.. Of course he might have just lied to me. If any HP owners can clear this point it will be really grateful.

I mean stupid specs as wrong specs. And i dont think any laptop in india comes with anti-theft warranty? He might just joking with you. Both HP Pavilion M6-1005tx and HP Pavilion M6-1002tx comes with 2 Years Onsite Warranty as mentioned on flipkart special offer. Just make clear by talking to hp customer care that it's the official offer or not by hp india. If yes you can purchase this model for much less with same warranty. If no this means it is a special offer exclusively by flipkart, take advantage of it. :)

Personally, I would suggest you to get HP Pavilion M6-1005tx with natural silver colour. It looks really rich and appealing. One of the most gorgeous looking laptop after apple macbook pro and hp envy laptops.

acewin

Point Blanc
2 year warranty may not be a joke. HP itself is providing extended warranty, if you would have checked some of its ad.
Beside if warranty description is written on paper(proof of having warranty) you can talk to HP and they will respect it as well.

rider

as Kratos
2 year warranty may not be a joke. HP itself is providing extended warranty, if you would have checked some of its ad.
Beside if warranty description is written on paper(proof of having warranty) you can talk to HP and they will respect it as well.

You mean free 2 years onsite warranty is officially by hp india not a flipkart offer?

rider

as Kratos
I had enquired about this Back2Campus offer. It is provided by HP and not by Flipkart.

So its better to buy from infibeam or any local shop which will provide you for less than 55k. Flipkart prices are generally more than local market in laptops.

OP
S

skepticmuggle

Broken In
I have just confirmed the warranty conditions from the Hp customer service. They said I will get 1 year On Site warranty. And If i register the product online within 12 days of purchase, I will get a second year warranty for free (but this wont be On Site, just normal warranty). If I want I can extend to a third year by paying Rs. 1700.

acewin

Point Blanc
@rider, skeptic already stated he is getting it through his dealer friend. and now confirmed about the extended warranty, and webgenius stated the marketing term for it :D
@skeptic, do not forget to spend that 1700 bucks, with time you will know for sure warranty are good investment

webgenius

Ambassador of Buzz
I just got my M6. Trust me it's too awesome. Never been so satisfied.

Wi-Fi reception is amazing. I'm able to browse from 1st floor now where the Wi-Fi reception is always low. I'm getting amazing speeds.

The fingerprint reader is a great addition. You can easily login to websites and Windows account, and also launch your favorite websites by swiping different fingers. It's so convenient and quick.

And Beats audio rocks. period. Just need to get a good headphone for this now.

The keypad and trackpad are easy and convenient to use. Have been making a few typing errors, but this is because I've been more used to desktop keyboards.

Have not partitioned the drives as partitioning requires me to make the recovery images of around 20GB and then partition. For the time being I'll dumping the contents directly from my desktop to the laptop.

Have been running on battery for close to 2 hours now under Wi-Fi, and it shows greater than 85% battery!

BTW this post is from my new laptop :)

rider

as Kratos
@webgenuis man do full review in showoff thread. Take some pics and post there. :)

battery looks like better than macbook pro 15" which has 7 hours wifi battery life.

webgenius

Ambassador of Buzz
@rider and acewin: Thanks guys. I'm so happy with this purchase.

Yeah, will definitely do a review with pictures and stuff. However I don't know what all content I need to include in the review. Please let me know and I will definitely do a review on Sunday before the India-Pak match :). Would have loved to enjoy this lappie whole day tomorrow, but unfortunately tomorrow is a working day for me :(

OP
S

skepticmuggle

Broken In
@webgenius - U just made my day ..oops night!!! Thanks a lot for the heads up buddy... Am expecting my lappy anytime soon (i have ordered it).. Now can't wait :)

webgenius

Ambassador of Buzz
@skepticmuggle: Congrats in advance for your new purchase. Configure the fingerprint reader first. It makes logging-in to the system so easy. No need to enter password to login every time :)

Top Bottom