HELP: At&t LG G2 (Rooting and Offline Upgrading to Lolipop)

Just got AT&T's LG G2 D800 (Unlocked) from geb.ebay.in for Rs 16,000.
It is manufacturer refurbished

Comes with 4.4.2
Kernel 3.4.0
Build KOT49l. D80020y
Software version D80020y

I tried to upgrade it to Lolipop, butwhen i click Software update it says not updates available. Is it because its a USA phone thats used in India?

Anyways, i am trying to do it offline. So i am currently downloading the Lolipop file (695.5MB) given in XDA forums

however, it needs a rooted phone.

I tried rooting with towelroot, but when i run it (make it ra1n), it says " this phone isn't currently supported"

DOES THIS MEAN I CANT ROOT MY PHONE?

Is there anyone who has foreign LG G2 who has managed to root it?

OP
mikael_schiffer

mikael_schiffer

Padawan
Ive been to xda already bros.. couldnt get nything done so i came here.
I have problem in rooting...and i want to deal with it before bothering with loli update.

I follow all the instructions..but i face a problem towards the end. I alway end up with messages like firmware not supported.
This is why i came here. I am seeking advice from Indians who bought usa version phones

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Ive been to xda already bros.. couldnt get nything done so i came here.
I have problem in rooting...and i want to deal with it before bothering with loli update.

I follow all the instructions..but i face a problem towards the end. I alway end up with messages like firmware not supported.
This is why i came here. I am seeking advice from Indians who bought usa version phones

Did you try the method in the link I posted?

OP
mikael_schiffer

mikael_schiffer

Padawan
Re: HELP: At&t LG G2 (Rooting and Offline Upgrading to Lolipop)

Superuser got installed! However when i use root checker it says my phone i not rooted

- - - Updated - - -

Ok guys, i had to do it the hard way. i used StumpRoot. this little magician did it all.

So i am on Lolipop 5.0.2 now.

Lol who needs Nexus 5 when you can get a LG G2 32GB from USA for rs 16,000 with Android 5.0.2 !!! XD

*i.imgur.com/jhvhsU0.jpg

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Re: HELP: At&t LG G2 (Rooting and Offline Upgrading to Lolipop)

^ Are you on that wallpaper? The lady looks kawaii (Japanese for cute).

Top Bottom