Help Android Phone Under 15k.. Urgent !!!

Skillz

Broken In
Hey guys help me choosing an android phone for my girlfriend under 15k :)

1. Budget? - 15000/-(max)

2. Display type and size? - at least 3.5'' 4.0'' is always preferred

3. Form Factor? bar, slider, flip? - Bar

4. Preferred choice of brand? - HTC, Samsung, Sony, or any other(not indian brands)

5. Preferred input method (QWERTY, touchscreen, numpad, touch-n-type). - Touchscreen

6. What camera option you want? Please specify need for flash, autofocus, front facing camera. -a good rear camera even without flash will do but secondary camera is bonus for skype.

7. Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc). - Android

8. Preferred connectivity options (3G, Wifi etc)Please specify clearly. - 3G, Wifi

9. Preferred applications (Flash, Swype, GPS, etc)? - Some small games.

10. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, mails, internet, gaming etc)? - primary usage will be surfing the internet(fb,youtube,gmail,etc) & music.

11. Any specific mobile phones in consideration? - I have chosen HTC Desire C, Sony Experia J, Samsung Galaxy S duos but i am not sure.. You guys are most welcome to suggest me some.

12. Any other info that you want to share - i basically want a good cell which can be atleast upgradable to JB and with a secondary camera for skype and other video chats.. Dual sim is not that important . Please help me, as we are gonna buy this Friday or Saturday .

OP
S

Skillz

Broken In
I have heard problems with Sony touch phones.. Is it correct ? I know Xperia U is dual core but its not gonna JB update..

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
I have heard problems with Sony touch phones.. Is it correct ? I know Xperia U is dual core but its not gonna JB update..

Sony's marketing policy. Xperia U is lot better than rest all the mobiles. Else check Samsung Galaxy S Duos. And JB update is so late, doesn't make much sense.

OP
S

Skillz

Broken In
i want to know if guys heard anything about Pantech Burst.. few of my friends are using it.. they got no complaing whatsoever.. It packs some pretty good hardware too.. what say ?

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
so are u preferring Xperia u over all other ?

how about i say that pantech is the micromax of korea. i hope you get the idea now?

well if you dont care much about build quality then i suggest get a pantech, also if you want to spend about the same and want a good phone with a good design and looks get an xperia u without warranty.

and if you want my advice, wait for 2-3 months there is a huge line-up of quadcore s4 phones which will hit indian shores and you will get much better VFM. Infact i am selling my xperia U in another 3 months and getting a new phone.

also factor in that the pantech burst does not have much dev support, so installing custom rom will be a problem. Xperia U has a good secondary cam so thats an added bonus and i think xperia u being avl for almost 10,500 there is nothing more you can ask for. and with good dev support, there are a few good roms avl which make life easier and the battery lasts 1-2 days on moderate usage.

if you want a phone that is upgradable to JB only for the UI, then you can use a good JB based launcher. Else be rest assured that with any phone in that range there will not be a big difference in the performance. unless the phone has 1 gb RAM.

You can also take a look at HTC desire X. ~ 15k without warranty. and its JB updatable. at least thats what i read. Samsung galaxy S duos as suggested by sam is also a good phone, but the difference is a cortex a7 versus a cortex a9 .

you can also go for :

google nexus s for 13k.
xperia J for 13k
xperia arc s for 15k

OP
S

Skillz

Broken In
I have forwared her my suggestion on Xperia U and J .. under 15k tab..

Thank you so much for all the help.. :)

aroraanant

Explorer
Sola for the price is good, even J is a good option at that price.
I really like Desire V, do have a look at that too.

OP
S

Skillz

Broken In
thanx for you valuable suggestions i have told her accordingly.. tomorrow she will buy the cell of her choice .. will let you guys know :)

OP
S

Skillz

Broken In
I am in serious problem here.. she went to local shop in bangalore and checked the handsets i recommended to her but she rejected every brand except Samsung Duos S and Xperia J :( reason they had 4'' display which she really liked it ... :p Now i came across this site called Store503 The Best Deals Online In India for mobile household cameras watches headphones mp3 players - store503, where they are selling Samsung Galaxy Nexus S for just 11499/- only.

Now is it a better buy then Duos S and Xperia J ? is it upgradable to JB ?

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
^ None nexus s is a 2-3 year old phone.
SG s duos a weak proccy

Why don't you wait for that huawei model?

Top Bottom