Help a N0oB - Multimedia Rig

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
:lol::lol:
so u were also mislead by the interface in their website
just look at the different 7100 models
out of 4 ,3 of them dont have any monitor and some other required stuff too

and if u include the top cream u mentioned the cost will go up by 100k by DELL

check this out: Dell(TM) Studio XPS 7100 Desktop.

monitor included. total @ 76,406.

mavihs

Techie By Heart
@cygnus
if you really want to try Dell PC, come to my collage & you can experience wat they look like in 2years time! there is no future upgrades, there BIOS sucks hard! No OCing, etc! there SMPS sucks, there cabinet sucks, there mobo sucks, etc!

OP
C

cygnus

Broken In
yup.... if you open the rig before their stated warranty period, the warranty finishes....

Well, this is what I found on the Dell Knowledge Base

*support.dell.com/support/topics/gl...9975A7B924478B9A32CDE462E70D1&c=us&l=en&s=gen

It says I wont be voiding the warranty by adding stuff.

---------- Post added at 01:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:29 PM ----------

yup. 13k = HD5870 (though you upgrading from a HD5450). so total cost is ~ 17k. but what i think is, Dell stripped card to its bone.

Hmm, even the basic ATI HD 5870 costs around 22k i think. Even I have no idea how Dell can reduce its price so much.

rahul.007

bORn To RIse....
but my neighbour brought a new BRANDED rig a month ago from hp.... c2d e7400.... it has a seal at the back and he can only open it after a year of purchase else the warranty cover from hp will disappear....

OP
C

cygnus

Broken In
Okay guys... its been a long time since i've come back to this thread, although I did want to re-visit it many times.

Well, I just wanted to say Thank You to everyone who helped me to decide the config esp mavihs and sam.shab.

Although I did end up buying the Dell pc, I think this thread played a major role in deciding what was going to be inside the dell.

My config is as follows:

AMD x6 1055t
6gb RAM
ATI HD 5870 graphics card
1.5TB HDD
DVD RW Drive
DELL ST2410 HD Monitor
2.1 Channel speakers - Made by Dell i guess
Wireless Keyboard and Mouse
Original Windows 7 Home Premium

Although the prices must have changed by now.. I got the entire build for 65k.

Its working really well and i'd say it looks really cool as well, esp the cabinet :D

The speakers also I like a lot, great sound output.

Overall, I'm very happy with the whole config.

p.s. I can open up the cpu case without any problem and it doesn't void any warranty or anything.

I wouldn't mind posting photos, but I'm not sure if that would be appropriate since most pc's here are assembled...

Have a nice day :)

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
@cygnus, congrats on the buy & the price is really good one. some pics please. specially the inside.

and the speaker most probably is Dell rebranded.

Top Bottom