Help a beginner in Java!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

anuragsinha

Right off the assembly line
Hello! to all tech enthusiasts.well iam a beginner programmer in Java currently learning it on my very own.Ihave got an extremely simple but very important question.I recently started using Windows Vista Home premium and downloaded JDK 6.0.But I find that many commands such as "javac" are not recognised by the system and infact I have not been able to run any program correctly till now on my new PC.Please can anyone give me some information as to how I can start using Java on my PC??

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
start->run "cmd"

navigate to the folder where you installed jdk. then go to \bin.

now you can use javac and java.

anomit

In the zone
change your PATH environment variable. I have never used Vista but if I was in XP, I'd have done the following from the command prompt:

SET PATH=%PATH%;D:\java\bin

assuming you have installed the jdk at D:\java
Don't think things would be much different in Vista..

roshan1236a

The rated R superstar.
Pls set the path and the class path.
create a .bat file and put the path and classpath the go to cmd and run thr .bat file.
set path=;E:\Java\jdk1.7.0\bin;%path%
set classpath=;E:\Java\jdk1.7.0\src.jar;.;E:\Java\jdk1.7.0\lib\dt.jar;.;E:\Java\jdk1.7.0\lib\tools.jar;%classpath%

quad_master

Tired of being sorry!
typical path problem dude!! if u open a console & set the PATH variable...bingo!:D u r done!! but i think when u exit form that console...setting will gone!! ;)

so u need to fix this up permanently...
RClick on mycomputer > properties > advanced > environment variables > user variable/system variable section's NEW button > it'll ask for 'variable name' & 'value'
set 'variable name' to PATH & it's value to the java's 'bin' directory...save the changes...u r done!:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom