Heavy Downloading on phone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi I am having nokia n79 and I am using it for some heavy downloading using Symtorrent application. Am i reducing the life span of my phone? Can this cause serious damage to my phone. Currently I have edge connection in my phone and by heavy downloading I mean data transfers of 10 to 15 gb in a month.

utsav

damn busy...
I am downloading over 20GB per month on my N73 ME since the last 11 months and everything is fine. It only reduces the battery life but u can replace it for as low as 500-700Rs. My battery is fine though and giving enough backup.

k4ce

Youngling
well one more thing ... if u download using torrents , there will be a lot of read write activities ... this will eventually wear out your memory card and you will have to get a new one ...

sourishzzz1234

Q6600 Underclocked
why would da phone memory card be used in case of downloading torrents??....i hope ur talkin about using torrents in ur PC....if so then only the modem of ur phone is used and nothing else....

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
why would da phone memory card be used in case of downloading torrents??....i hope ur talkin about using torrents in ur PC....if so then only the modem of ur phone is used and nothing else....

He is talking about downloading from Torrents directly on his phone. That's what SymTorrent is for.

girish.g

respect mah authoritah!!
nothing happened to my 8gb card and my phone i downloaded around 1gb a day using my n82 on a wifi connection for around 2-3 months.

k4ce

Youngling
nothing is going to happen in 2 to 3 months ... but continuous read write operations are not recommended by memory card manufacturers ... for the very same reason , u are not supposed to defragment a memory card cos even that uses too many read write operations ... but yeah , memory cards are cheap rite now ... and i'm sure u can afford to change one every year even if u wear em out ...

Thats fine, so i put only battery and memory card at risk, thaks okie as both can be replaced at a very minimal costs. Thanx 4 the info guys. . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom