HEATSPREADERS on ram worth it.....?

zacfx05

Eeeeh What's up. Doc!?
hello frnds ,
i hve seen ram that have heat spreaders on it , it generally cost more than the general one. why actually is heat spreaders used . in the pc build section there are config up to 50k thts having Gskill ordinary ram, after that higher config have ripjaws with that red heat spreaders. is that more for visual appeal or does it really matters.

or is it only for enhancing the oc ability of the ram...? i read many posts but most of them say its more to visual appeal. pls put some good details so all can understand main difference . i read d3p5kor post about ram...iam asking about heat spreaders
:wink:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

G.SKILL-Products

hey will ths work in dual channel mode if added with another same module later......?

Flipkart: Gskill 2 GB DDR3: Ram
is ths a good buy.......?

and finally is ths any good.......?
zion 4gb ddr3 1333mhz-----1155rs

RahulB

Journeyman
In case of lower priced RAM it just doesn't matter, such RAM seldom experiences High Temps, in case of expensive higher quality RAM, overclockers usually buy such RAM and crank up the speeds, in those cases temps can increase and heatspreaders become necessary

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
Well it depends. Not all heatspreaders do what they should do and even if they do, its not really that much important. Some heatspreaders make things worst. Some heatspreaders are just for gimmicky promo purpose. Best thing to do is get a fan on it let that do the job to cool the memory kits.

OP
zacfx05

zacfx05

Eeeeh What's up. Doc!?
frnds i was just googling and found this

Do Memory Heat Spreaders Make A Difference? - Corsair Examines The Competition - Legit Reviews

now i thing its more for looks as lionking said, and help out a litle bit in enhancing oc ability that too not delivered by all heat spreaders (yup agree with rahulb), and one interesting post i saw said "if ur concern with heating of ram u better put ur money on good ventilation for ur cabby(fans or other cooling solution)" same as wht sorcerer said above.
thnks guys!!!

:wink:

Last edited:

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
marketing tactics, nothing else. Sadly in India we cant get those useful low profile ram modules.

6Diablo9

How to change user title?
Nice thread. I was going to buy G.Skill 1333Mhz. But seems the heat spreader is only useful if you gonna Overclock it. I'll save somewhere between 400-500Rs on it.

*www.memoryc.com/images/products/bb/gskill-ripjaw-red_12135.jpg

Top Bottom