Headphones for 3-5k

anaklusmos

Youngling
Recently my old headphones, Sennheiser HD202 started having some issues (the left ear wire became a bit loose, so the sounds keeps getting cut off intermittently), so I am looking for a new pair to buy.Definitely want an upgrade from my these headphones.
Would like closed back and supra/circumaural preferably. I am going to be using them for long durations, minimum 3 hours at a strech, up to 8 hours, for all variety of purposes like gaming, movies, TV shows and music. And my favourite kinds of music are Pop, Rock, Dubsteb/Chillstep (dont know if this is a genre :p),etc, if that is of any help.

Thanks in advance :)

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
Denon AH-D320 for your kinda music.

Want more polish....get the,,,,*www.flipkart.com/denon-ah-d510r-he...GHGY&ref=2295a14b-31cf-4772-8c31-b1ce56a17231

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
What makes you think Denon is not reputed? A Company that makes Headphones which costs Rs 120,000....:-? The biggest mistake you guys do is running after brands in Audio. This very attitude makes people buy BOSE and then cry over spilt milk when they hear something like a Dali or Wharfedale or Monitor Audio, at half the price.

Grado SR60 is as bright as piece of mirror on a beach.Its very very bright with a to end thats not clean at all.If you are in to modding get them or get the SR80i which is better.ANd for the Audio Technica M 30 dont even comare it with the Denons on anything let alone teh 510R:razz:

OP
A

anaklusmos

Youngling
Im sorry, but I dont know much about audio devices. I was simply looking at some popularly recommended headphones on the net and wanted an opinion on them.
The reason I did not ask about the Denon one is bcoz Flipkart doesnt have delivery for that in my area, the comment about a branded one was misplaced and meant to be in a separate sentence.

pratheeshps

Journeyman
Im sorry, but I dont know much about audio devices. I was simply looking at some popularly recommended headphones on the net and wanted an opinion on them.
The reason I did not ask about the Denon one is bcoz Flipkart doesnt have delivery for that in my area, the comment about a branded one was misplaced and meant to be in a separate sentence.

Checkout at amazon here :Denon AH-D510R Mobile Elite Over-Ear Headphones with 3: Amazon.in: Electronics

OP
A

anaklusmos

Youngling
Have u ever owned these? How is the comfort for extended durations?
Also the 310 model has many complaints on the net for extremely low build quality, and my usage is a bit rough

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
Buddy as for build quality its the best it comes at that price. You should check some Senns and AKG and AT at that rice point. Moreover why are you looking at 310? Since you have the budget why dont you get the 510R or AH-D320?

OP
A

anaklusmos

Youngling
If i push up my budget to 6k is there anything better in that range? I saw the Sennheiser 280 PRO and Shure 440 which looked good

josin

In the zone
If i push up my budget to 6k is there anything better in that range? I saw the Sennheiser 280 PRO and Shure 440 which looked good

Koss Pro DJ 100 - The Budget King

Buy KOSS PRO DJ100 Professional Stereo Headphones with cheapest price at Grabmore.in - Online Shopping of Electronics in India.

Darth Vader

In the zone
Denon 510R - I don't see any good reviews. Build quality is bad for its price.

Me too looking for one in the same budget as OP. Please suggest the BEST HEADPHONE @ 5k (Music.Gaming.Movies with volume control guys :)

@OP Checkout Audio Technica ATH-AD500
proaudiohome.com @ 4.4k (Coupon: ATHIDAY )

Last edited:
OP
A

anaklusmos

Youngling
Is this : Amazon.com: Koss ProDJ100 Headphones: Electronics a good deal ?
Amazon is shipping to India for 4.6k all inclusive, or I am looking for someone coming from US in the next few week (which would put the cost to 2.6k)

Top Bottom