'Headless' Windows Task Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aijaz Akhtar

Journeyman
lately onmy laptop, when I call Task manager hiting Ctrl-Alt-Del, the window I get has no title bar at the head, it just shows the listing of applications, if I have to go to processes, Ctrl-Tab works fine. What could have happened? Again restoration through regedit?

I had a similar problem, after playing with a security tool hiding/unhiding the Task Manager. Couldn't figure out a solution, just re-installed Windows. :lol:

Keith

siriusb said:
Just double-click on the gray window border outside the list of processes.

Damn, why didn't I ask you in May? :lol: Anyway, a reinstall was imminent after a major mess up (spyware etc) by my kid cousins. :)

mario_pant

In the zone
LOL.... u also fell for it......
i was stuck with it for a about 3 months when i figured it out by suprise.......;.
actually when we dont know about it, it is soooooo dammmnnn irrritating/annoyying......!!!!

So everyone please make a note of this trap.... this is a really bad one....
PS: the anger and disgust is just coming back as i'm writing!

siriusb

Cyborg Agent
But I had it easy as I accidentally double clicked on the border and it became title-bar-less. I thought it could it could be a toggle and so doubleclicked it again. Yea, that's MS trying to be intuitive.

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
What they forgot is to add an option for it in Task Manager's menu, so that the use can easily revert it back if he accidentally double-clicked on it...

alib_i

Cyborg Agent
I posted here long time ago
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=26240
After the month of May although :)

-----
alibi

OP
A

Aijaz Akhtar

Journeyman
That did the trick all right for me. But when I tried to make the toolbar again vanish, I did not succeed. So just dounle clicking does not seem to make the title bar toggle between off and on.

Aijaz Akhtar said:
That did the trick all right for me. But when I tried to make the toolbar again vanish, I did not succeed. So just dounle clicking does not seem to make the title bar toggle between off and on.

To hide it again, double click the left, right or bottom window border.

Keith

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom