Hdmi issue

aby geek

Cyborg Agent
Hi everyone,
My LG full hd tv has only 1 hdmi port. I had a 1 in 2 out local splitter for switching between set top box and fire stick.
Now recently when i plugged the fire stick into the splitter the display started flickering making sparking sounds.
So I removed the splitter and directly plugged in the fire stick to the tvand it worked fine.

Please suggest a splitter / switcher of good quality. If it come with knob or dial then it is much better than plugging and unplugging STB and fire tv stick.
I was looking at devices like hyperdrive but they are usb c in and I need hdmi in.

Not much idea, just see amazon reviews.

Honestly, LG had just 1 HDMI? My old 768p Sony TV had 2 HDMI ports & my parents bought that in 2007.

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
Honestly, LG had just 1 HDMI? My old 768p Sony TV had 2 HDMI ports & my parents bought that in 2007.
In the initial phase, TVs used to have a lot more ports. The Samsung 32" TV my parents bought in 2011 had 2 USB and 4 HDMI ports. Most 40" TVs from LG/Samsung these days have a maximum of 2 HDMI and 1 USB port. If you go with cheaper brands like Mi/Vu etc. then you'll get at least 3 HDMI and 2 USB ports. They reduced the number of ports presumably to force people to buy more expensive TVs if they needed more ports.

Please suggest a splitter / switcher of good quality. If it come with knob or dial then it is much better than plugging and unplugging STB and fire tv stick.
I was looking at devices like hyperdrive but they are usb c in and I need hdmi in.
@aby geek I bought this earlier this week for my monitor which has only 1 HDMI port (it has a DP, but DP cables are expensive and I already had a spare HDMI cable lying around).
*www.amazon.in/gp/product/B08W56FGCL/

Since it's been only 3 days, I can't vouch for its longevity, but it worked without any issues and also has a button to switch between the inputs. The good part about this is that the output already has HDMI cable. So you don't need an extra HDMI cable, you only need as many as the number of input devices.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hi everyone,
My LG full hd tv has only 1 hdmi port. I had a 1 in 2 out local splitter for switching between set top box and fire stick.
Now recently when i plugged the fire stick into the splitter the display started flickering making sparking sounds.
So I removed the splitter and directly plugged in the fire stick to the tvand it worked fine.

get this :

Buy AmazonBasics 4K HDMI 3x1 Switch Online at Low Prices in India - Amazon.in

Top Bottom