hdd SMART error ...help !!!

saddy

Broken In
hello .i have 250 GB seagate HDD about 5-6 months old .all of sudden i get a warning from windows that my harddisk is having a problem and i need to backup data .when i run AIDA 64 sytem utilites i did a SMART check on one this HDD it flashed this error msg.wat should i do .i think it may be due to bad sectors.can anyone expert on this issue help me .*img218.imageshack.us/img218/8017/capturetog.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Rajesh345

Youngling
hello .i have 250 GB seagate HDD about 5-6 months old .all of sudden i get a warning from windows that my harddisk is having a problem and i need to backup data .when i run AIDA 64 sytem utilites i did a SMART check on one this HDD it flashed this error msg.wat should i do .i think it may be due to bad sectors.can anyone expert on this issue help me .*img218.imageshack.us/img218/8017/capturetog.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

When the HDD finds a read/write error, it will mark this sector as "reallocated" and transfer data to a special reserved area. That's why on a modern HDD you can't see bad blocks while testing the surface - all bad blocks are hidden in reallocated sectors
By Toejam31.

So i recommend u to back up imp data on that H.D to ur 2nd h.d

- SInce ur H.D is under warrrent send it for RMA

OP
saddy

saddy

Broken In
^^
@rajesh..thx for info...did not knew wat these relocated sectors were ...i have basically two hdd one is 160 gb and this one.did not get this hdd online i bought it my self from computer store at my place.will try to backup as much as i can.is there any softwere by which we can correct these bad sectors .i know in windows error check there is option to scan n attempt recovery of bad sectors.but is there any other softwere which will correct this issue?

mukherjee

Treatment in progress...
@ OP

Ur HDD is in imminent risk of failure...prioritize the important data(only u can do that)....save it else where....then send the hdd for RMA

Top Bottom