HDD problem!!!

Arxya

Right off the assembly line
Hi guys, I really need your help!
I have two PC-s and I needed to get some data from PC1 to PC2. Being lazzy, I wasn`t transfering through network, but I got the HDD from PC1 and plugged it into the the PC2. Here are the specs:

PC1
MB: P5KPL-AM SE
Proc: Intel Celeron E1400 Dual Core 2.0GHz
HDD: Hitachi 320Gb SATA
DeskStar 40Gb ATA
RAM: 2Gb
GPU: ATi (AMD) Radeon HD4670 512 DDR3 128bit

PC2
MB: M3N78-VM
CPU: AMD Sempron 140 2.7GHz
HDD: 60Gb DeskStar ATA
RAM: 3Gb
GPU: integrated

I took the Hitachi from PC1 and plugged it into the PC2, then I went to BIOS and turned the SATA slots ON. Afted that I boot-ed and transvered some data from Hitachi to the 60Gb Deskstar. All of the sudden the PC(2) started blocking for some reason. I ignored that and continued transfering data and in one moment, after a transfer was completed, the Hitachi disappeard from MyComputer. I went to Device Menager and the Hitachi was nowhere to be found. I restarted the PC2 with the Hitachi still in it and I got the error "3rd Slave Hard Disk Error". A shut the PC2 down and got the Hitachi back to the PC1. Now the same error appears on the PC1.

Please help, the data on the Hitachi is precious to me... :D

Last edited:
OP
A

Arxya

I have changed the port and the cable but still nothing

Is there no one who can help me?!

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
check in bios that hard disk/sata is set to ata/legacy mode & not AHCI mode.also confirm that you can see hard disk in bios.if still no success after this download & run a hard disk bootable diagnostic tool & check your disk.

OP
A

Arxya

The problem is that when the HDD is attached to the motherboard I can`t access BIOS from some reason. If I try it it gives me that errror "3rd Slave Hard Disk Error" and sais "Press F1 to continue". If I press F1 it showes that it`s going to BIOS but it sais "WAIT..." and I waited over 2h and nothing.
Second, I tried running the HDD Diagnostic from Hiren`s Boot 10.1 but it doesn`t read my Hitachi HDD, the second one yes but Hitachi no.
If I disconnect the HDD from the motherboard it smoothly goes into BIOS.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
in simple words:you hard disk is dead.RMA=Return merchandise authorization(sending product to manufacturer to get it replaced within warranty period).try my suggestion without attaching the problem hard disk first so you can access bios.

OSxSnowLeopard

Journeyman
Can you give bit detail on about pc 2 blocking part(what your pc 2 was trying to block) and do you use jumpers on any of your hard drive. But in case of no jumpers and no detection of hdd during system boot then your hdd most likely is not in good shape. You can recover data from dead drives but it is very costly(I mean very).

Last edited:
OP
A

Arxya

There`s nothing much to say, the explorer bugged and wasn`t responding for some time. Then it debugs itself and in one moment the transfer stops and when I entered my computer there wasn`t the Hitachi HDD. I restarted and... (like I said in my first post). I was checking the HDD recently there wasn`t any kind of mistake or bad sector. Everything was perfect, but I`m an idiot :D

Top Bottom