Hsakarp_kahtap

CG Artist++
I got a problem with my Segate 500GB (Primary drive ). Today morning when i start my PC is got disk boot failure error, so I checked it in my bios . My hdd is detecting but its showing 0MB capacity .and a strange sound is also coming for the hdd , I have a secondary drive segate 1TB . I checked the drive on my friend pc ,no result same issue . I think its platter motor got damaged
Here are the details of my hdd drive .
Serial no.6VM0VZWG
Model No.ST3500418AS
P/N: 9SL142-300
Firmware: CC34

Is this is possible to recover data using segate data recovery or any other 3rd party recovery tools . I had a very sensitive data in it .

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Since you checked with your friend's machine and still it gives trouble, that means that there is something seriously wrong with your hard drive. If you can change into it via DOS, you can try "chkdsk -f -r". If it fails, use "testdisk" to see if you are able to recover any of the partitions.

TestDisk - CGSecurity

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
if there is mechanical damage then only way to recover data is using professional data recovery services which are very costly & not worth it unless the data in damaged drive itself is worth lakhs of rupees/very emotional value/valuable evidence in a court case etc.

rohan_mhtr

Most wanted
Maybe this may help , i had previously recovered a 40gb Pata HDD using this method . The drive was showing in the bios but i wasnt able to boot using it .
How to Recover Data Even When Hard Drive is Damaged

Once my 250gb HDD went kaput and it wasnt under warranty . It died with the famous clicking sound of death . It had some of my B.E graduations photos which i didnt back up . One of my friend suggested to freeze the HDD ! As it was allready dead and without warranty i decided to try it out . I put my HDD in a plastic bag and zip tied it to avoid condensation . Put it in deep freezer for 24 hours . The next day i booted it and to my surprise it started ! I quickly backed up all my important data from it when it finally died after 2 hours , But that was enough for me to save all my important data . If you have no warranty left then you could give it a try .

curioustechy

Journeyman
Friend,
try this... use a ubuntu live cd and boot into your sytem and use 'disk utility'... its a very powerful disk manager

Top Bottom