HDD Image

Status
Not open for further replies.

j_jindal1

Broken In
Hi,

I know this question has been asked many times earlier too but I couldn't find an answer to my query.

I have a laptop with 160 Gb HDD. I have windows xp and Oracle apps installed on it. I want to make an image of this system so that I dont' have to install it again and again. Since it is a 160 Gb partition image creation in DVD's is not possible. However I have a USB drive with 320 GB capacity and I would like to use it as a backup media.
I want the best software to do this even if it is a paid version. The doubts that I have are.. if the image is in USB drive, how would I be able to restore the system.. (will it be detectable at the time of boot)?

I have heard about norton ghost but never used it.... Just wanted the techies here to guide me through the steps I need to follow. I can arrange norton ghost from office, but if there are any other better softwares please suggest.

Moderators If you find this thread as a repeated query, please merge it. I didn't use an old thread as it may not get the attention as this query may need.

Thanks..

there r multiple sols

- norton ghost is by far the most easy to use s/w . whole hdd img made with counted 5 clicks.

- segate discwizard
*www.seagate.com/www/en-us/support/downloads/discwizard

-*lifehacker.com/292972/partition-and-image-your-hard-drive-with-the-system-rescue-cd
-*www.sysresccd.org/Download

OP
J

j_jindal1

Broken In
Thanks a lot for replying Arpan, I was doubtful if the disc image can be stored in usb drive.... and if so how can we boot from it etc.. can you please tell me the 5 steps/clicks in norton ghost.

It would be nice to see more replies..

OP
J

j_jindal1

Broken In
Yes I have a Norton Ghost bootable disc.. I got a tutorial from the net which says that we can use the external USB drives as well for image backup.... I'll give it a try and come back if I have any issues.... :)

Thanks for ur replies..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom