HDD controllers on MB gone BAB

Champ

.NET Guru
Yesterday evening My desktop HDD stopped responding, and after few restart starting giving
"disk read error, press alt, ctrl del to restart"

My initial thought was HDD failure, but same situation with another HDD
Also All HDD are working fine in external casing.

So I realised that there may be some problems with HDD controllers on MB, so went to Nehru Place and bhought a cheap PCI Controller card with 3 sata ports and 1 IDE port.

Now problem is that I am unable to boot from HDD connected to this card

any pointer on how to proceed.

PC Specs

CPU - AMD Athlon64 X2 4200+
Mobo -Sapphire A9RS482M
GPU - XFX 8600GT
PSU - CM xtreme Power 380W
HDD - WD 250 GB sata 2 + Segate 500GB sata 2
Ram - 1 GB (DDR 400 Mhz)

MODS : Please correct title from BAB to BAD (was typing to fast in desperation)

Any pointers Guys, I am kid of stuck here :-?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
i have a similar card & i too can't boot from this card(mobo intel atom).to boot from such cards it seems bios boot option must include boot from "scsi/other".if even one controller on your mobo is working(sata/ide) then use that to connect boot drive.also to see drives connected to card in windows you have to install the raid driver so make sure you have them already.

Last edited:
OP
Champ

Champ

.NET Guru
none of the controller is working, only option is to use PCI cards,

Is there any thing called bootable PCI SATA controllers or all cards support booting, like one listed here does [Solved] Pci sata port bootable? - Hard-Disks - Storage

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
my promise pci sta/ide card has a bios which support booting but the problem is not the card but my mobo bios.if mobo bios does not have the boot from scsi/other device in the boot menu settings then it does not matter if the card support booting(which i think your card does too).instead of all this trouble just buy a 2nd hand mobo.

Top Bottom