HDD Casing for an SATA2 HDD

Status
Not open for further replies.

abhinav_bipnesh

Journeyman
I am looking for a SATA2 HDD to USB 2.0 Casing for my hdd which is an Maxtor 250 GB 7200 rpm drive. I am looking for some good portable solution not a bulky one. Also the cost should be in the range of 500-1k.

So please help me out .....................

:confused: :confused: :confused:

amandeep86

Fortuna Favet Fortibus
You'll get one under Rs.800

As far as weight is concerned, normally you'll get the regular casing.
Because i don't think if there is a light-weight casing available in the market.

If still weight is major concern for you, go and buy a Branded Portable HDD. But, it's heavy on pockets.

OP
abhinav_bipnesh

abhinav_bipnesh

Journeyman
Thanks.......
As i have one with me so i am not thinking to buy a new one. One doubt is arising as fire wire port is must faster than usb or vice versa. also if i don't want that i have to carry a adaptor to power the external drive so is there any other solution available.
Thanx once again

amandeep86

Fortuna Favet Fortibus
The only problem with casing is that, you have to carry an adapter. Even i've Casing on my DVD-RW & I hate to carry that. The Branded HDD comes with two usb cables. Mostly one usb is enough. The second USB cable is needed only if your pc is not able to power the HDD with single usb (Mostly on Old PC).

In your case (Casing), power adapter is required.

amandeep86

Fortuna Favet Fortibus
No, I don't think so.

Maybe some other senior member knows more about it.

Last edited:

amandeep86

Fortuna Favet Fortibus
abhinav_bipnesh said:
as 2.5" casing come without power adapter so thats why i am looking for such a solution for a regual hdd casing.

I think you forgot one thing. You have a Desktop HDD & it always needs external 5v power and only an adaptor can provide you that. It's not a Pen-Drive/Portable HDD. If not sure what to do, go and check out a computer market at your nearest.

Ambar

aka. ViKiD?
boss if u intend to use a laptop hdd then no laptop hdd the casing in the market requires a power adapter...but if u intend to use a PC HHD(3.5")..then there is no casing which is gonna work without an adapter...:)

Last edited:
OP
abhinav_bipnesh

abhinav_bipnesh

Journeyman
So which HDD casing is good for an Maxtor 250GB SATA2 as i want some reliable solution suggest me some good manu .....................

OP
abhinav_bipnesh

abhinav_bipnesh

Journeyman
^^^^ I am looking for some reliable solution so that it does not damage my hdd and my buget is in the range of 500-1k so any suggestion please ........................................

Ambar

aka. ViKiD?
abhinav_bipnesh said:
^^^^ I am looking for some reliable solution so that it does not damage my hdd and my buget is in the range of 500-1k so any suggestion please ........................................

boss the one im using rite now is the intex wala...rs 150....friend got it for me...but sm ppl say u also get better counterparts...there are no particular names....ull have to search the market :D

royal

Padawan
I have been using ENTER brand for sometime now...cost me Rs. 1400 six months ago. It has got an eSATA connection :cool: though you gotta have a eSATA port in your PC to use it. Anyway, you can find similar HDD cases in the market for less than 1K.

OP
abhinav_bipnesh

abhinav_bipnesh

Journeyman
Hi! guys I am back with one more question as i am residing in pune so can anyone give some shop address or contact no. (as i am new to pune :)) )or some online site which sell the good solution for the sata 2 casing. also which one will be better a one with usb 2.0 connector or a firewire 1394 connector (in data transfer rate)

thanks in advance......
:)

Ankit

Journeyman
boss normal 3.5' ide drives need both 12v and 5v power supplies... while 2.5' needs only 5v. usb bus can supply 5v so 3,5' comes with a power adaptor...
for sata drives i think again both 12v and 5v are required hence the need of power adaptor...
on ebay lots of casings are available.. good and bad...for 2.5' transcend is best... do 2.5" drives come with sata interface? if not then transcend casing for 3.5" sata is also available on ebay..

desai_amogh

In the zone
in pune u can go to data care its its at

Data Care Corporation
Deccan Gymkhana,
Pune 411004
Landmark: Behind Deccan Bus Depot
www.dccpune.com
Phone: (20) 25521591

herez another good vendor..

Baba Infotech Pvt. Ltd.
Sadhu Vaswani Chowk
(Parmar Trade Centre) Shop # B 1, Ground Floor,
Pune H.O.,
Pune 411001
Landmark: Opposite Gold Mart
Phone: (20) 26134436

and
[SIZE=-1]
[/SIZE]
*local.google.co.in/?hl=en&q=baba+i...&latlng=18535749,73852272,2375979978793932002
Baba Infotech Pvt. Ltd.
[SIZE=-1]
149/a, East Street Corner, M G Road, Pune - 020 26334783[/SIZE]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom