HD Audio from Unsupported Speakers- Question about Logitech Z906

gurujee

Can't Talk. In The Zone.
I am an user of Logitech Z906 5.1 Speakers over 1 and half a year. Recently RMAed and replaced, so technically speakers are 4 months old.

I might not upgrade them in near future. (but surely will go for avr+speakers next)

I have connected it only to blu-ray player by coax cable.

Now My doubts are-

1- I know, neither coax/tosslink can't transmit HD signals, nor this speaker system supports HD audio(only DD/DTS). BUT, still, if I play blurays, how different the sound will be?

2- Will there be significant difference in LFE sounds?

3- Playing HD audio in this system is recommended? Any bad effect may speaker suffer?

4- I let the speakers decode the HD audio. I have set bitstream/PCM audio in player menu. Though the 'decode' led on speakers console lights up, I feel the channel separation(only in case of HD audio) is not satisfactory. Since, there is no option to decode the HD audio in player(sony s380) itself and send to speakers(DTS-HD> DTS/ Dolby Tru HD>DD), Is there any player which can decode and downmix the HD audio to DD/DTS and sent to speakers by coax port?

muditpopli

Broken In
according to me speakers like z906 gives a better performance with computer ... it gives a full hd experience with a pc and its difficult to set up with a bluray player.... u cannot experience the full potential of z906 with a bluray player only pc can give it...

Top Bottom