Hazy Monitor = Doubting PC Technician

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Whenever I turn on my computer the display goes hazy or at times it fails to even come up. I tried the machine with other monitor but there too it failed to give any display.

The PC Specs are :
MSI PM8M V Motherboard
Intel Pentium 4 2.0GHZ (Socket 478 )
768MB DDR RAM (512+256)
Zebronics 7300GT 512MB DDR2 AGP 8X Graphic Card

To demonstrate the problem, I have shot a video. Please have a look at it.

[youtube]5XmZ7c9w0lU[/youtube]

I called a PC technician. He tried changing the ram sticks & the CMOS battery failing to get any success. Once the PC booted giving clear display but Fedora 11 hunged up & then I had to reset the PC. After re-booting it again came to square one, showing up no display at all. The technician concluded that motherboard has developed fault & is intermittently accepting RAM. He added no other option but to dump the full rig since finding a Socket 478 motherboard is not possible. Repairing is futile. I doubt on him. Is it true that the motherboard is the culprit?

Last edited:

clmlbx

Technomancer
you must have connected monitor with Agp card. have you tried onboard vga .. if still their is a problem then Mb is faulty. as you have allready checked monitor.

I think you can get Mb in market

Last edited:
OP
Cool G5

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
you must have connected monitor with Agp card. have you tried onboard vga .. if still their is a problem then Mb is faulty. as you have allready checked monitor.

I think you can get Mb in market

I have already tried with the onboard display but it failed to show up anything. My current motherboard is the second one, earlier I used Gigabyte GA8VD667 motherboard. So upgrading to a new motherboard is futile since the P4 socket 478 platform is already ancient. The PC technician added most of manufacturers have stopped production of pin processor based motherboards. I think I will now have to dump the entire rig. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom