Having problems with my Athlon XP.. Help needed urgently

Status
Not open for further replies.

mohanbhinder

Right off the assembly line
I have an athlon xp 2000+, with 256 mb of ram and a geforce fx 5200. My problem is that it freezes randomly. I mean it just locks up, the display freezes at the frame where it was, even the mouse pointer doesn't work i.e, it freezes completely. I have all the latest software for my hardware and have adequate cooling installed for my processor and my video card. I am running windows XP sp2 and have even reinstalled everything. have tried searching the internet to no avail.
can somebody please help? i have lost important data because of this
thank you in advance

klinux

Ambassador of Buzz
give more details on error and config of system , including power supply and wattage . till then try these

- whats ur m/b . does it have onboard graphics . if so remove the graphics card and see if u get the error
- try clearing cmos
- in bios check these and reduce the settings , agp apeture , agp mode ( like 8x , 4x ) , assign irq to vga (enabled) .
- run the dxdiag and see if all the options in display are running and run the tests .
- check event viewer in admintool to see if there are any errors , if so post it here

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
Typical IRQ problem...( Conflict ) ..Or Bad Ram....Try chaning a ram module.....or going to Bios a selecting Latency timer to 3 instead of 2 for more compactiibility.
Try resetting the pagefile....

indro

In the zone
Very little details , well if you look at my pc config , i have the same gaphics card too, well first of all there could be a number of reasons , once i had the problem due to excessive overclocking , once i had this problem due to a faulty network adaptor , so do check in the device manager and check the configrations ,try enabling and disabling some devices and try .

Well over clocking may be a problem, but I think u running under low virtual memory. It can also happen due to fragments, try defrag. Then Look for the Clocking, after this check your graphics memory as well as RAM, and finally mother board setting. If still the problem survives then contact your Hardware vendor. You are in serious problem.

Ooops look for the virus also as well as for the texla

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom