Having problems in using utorrents

Status
Not open for further replies.

s_arka_r

Broken In
I have the following problem with utorrents used on winXP SP2:-

I have BSNL DATAONE HOME 500 plan.

1.my download n upload limits are onto 'unlimited'. N i get a d/l speed ranging from 80kBps to 120 kBps and u/l speed from 25 to 75 kBps. Is that good enough or am i gettting it lower than usual????

2.In utorrent, the total number of peers n seeds are shown to be quite lower than the numbers in the brackets. Is that normal or is something wrong with my settings???(as in the attached picture)

3.I do not use any firewall or antivirus when using utorrent. Is it okay if i do that??? What are the security issues that i might face this way???

Thanx in advance for ur help guys!!!!

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
Please upload your picture in a free image hosting site like www.imageshack.us and embed it here using the img tag. We cant see attachments yet.

1. bad move. You need to configure your utorrent to get proper download speeds. Setting global maximum upload speed to 10 and global maximum download to unlimited is the best. Just today morning I got a 232 KBPS via uTorrent on fedora 9 distro.

2. The number INSIDE the bracket is the total number of peers. The number OUTSIDE the bracket is the total number of peers you have connected to. Suppose there are 1000 peers for a file, you cant connect to everyone, right? you can only connect to some, say 25. So the number displayed will be 25(1000)

3. Nothing, its always better to use firewall and antivirus always. No security issues, nothing. Just give uTorrent full access rights with your firewall.

j1n M@tt

Cyborg Agent
^^comodo firewall blocks uTorrent sometimes even if u add it to the trusted application list.

I think this tutorial will help in fine tuning uTorrent to its best..........

*www.bootstrike.com/Articles/BitTorrentGuide/

P

paranj

hey torrent or filesharing lives because the community right? Speed depends on the seeds or as they call "uploaders" Its not like ur simple downloads! Second and third problems are not problems!

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
@j1n M@tt
you might have to add the port used by utorrent to the exceptions list.

@paranj
you dont understand or you havent read the questions properly. read them again.

OP
s_arka_r

s_arka_r

Broken In
thank u all guys....

my torrents are up n running thanks to all of u (esp. dheeraj_kumar) as i m getting a download speed of around 240kBps and upload speed now stays around 15 kBps....

downloaded 5 GB in last night's happy hour (2am to 8am).!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
Cool, man :) glad to hear that :) Getting good speeds can result in 5 GB downloads per night, and average speeds can have around 3.5 GB per night :) Last night was really weird, though. Everything is automated in my computer, and I woke up today morning and switched on the monitor to find myself staring at a BSOD!!! of all errors!!! From checking the logs, uTorrent started and immediately the BSOD popped up. Has anyone else experienced like this? the BSOD reason was BAD_POOL. I guess I can threadjack this safely because the OP's problem is solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom