Having a strange problem! Is it a virus or trojan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajayritik

Technomancer
I have recently got an error message which comes whenever I open a webpage. It looks like a virus or a trojan. I get following alert from Norton Antivirus whenever I open a webpage:
Object Name C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\sos.tmp
Virus Name: Downloader

It happens with all browsers infact when I open it with Internet Explorer the Virus Name is given as Trojan unlike in Mozilla or Opera which just gives Virus Name as downloader. What could be the problem?

anandk

Distinguished Member
use ccleaner to clear temp files and other junk.

if problem persists and ur norton is unable to remove yr infection, maybe u may want to change yr av / protection !

OP
ajayritik

ajayritik

Technomancer
Hey I changed the AV to NOD 32 but surprisingly after I ran a scan it gave me no virus alerts. Does this mean that NOD32 is not as good as Norton?

OP
ajayritik

ajayritik

Technomancer
I'm facing a strange problem after I removed Norton and installed NOD32 things were working fine but I observed yesterday that when I was running Nero Vision all of a sudden the window disappeared however I see the process running in Windows Task Manager. I tried my best to get that application but I wasnt able to access it. I also get Internet Explorer script error now often. What could be the problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom